Author Topic: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?  (Read 102358 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?
« Reply #30 on: 15 May 2010, 18:38 »
p3asa did you send it back ? It was meant to come to me next I believe.  :cry:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 15 May 2010, 20:19 »
Yes its sent back unfortunately. Nothing was said to me about sending it to yourself.
Probably just as well Kev because if it came to some harm in between going from me to you back to the owner, who would be liable for the £250 replacement cable?!  :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 15 May 2010, 20:21 »
Yes its sent back unfortunately. Nothing was said to me about sending it to yourself.
Probably just as well Kev because if it came to some harm in between going from me to you back to the owner, who would be liable for the £250 replacement cable?!  :laugh:

That's right, would rather have it back first then send it on to Kev.

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 15 May 2010, 22:27 »
Cheers p3eps, great find. Its got rid of the pesky KMH in the dash. Just hope I don't take the car abroad now  :laugh:

I'll post a photo of mine tomorrow - but mine fills the full display with MASSIVE numbers!!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 16 May 2010, 20:44 »
Here is mine...
Not as massive as I seemed to think - but definately bigger than the one pictured.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 16 May 2010, 21:52 »
Probably bigger cause mine has Speed above the actual digit. If yours doesn't display that then it will probably have more room for the digits.  I noticed today it doesn't actually read the same as the dial.
I was doing 75 according to the dial yet the display was reading 71!!

Does yours display the direction you are travelling in? You can see I was travelling North East when I took the picture.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 16 May 2010, 22:13 »
Does yours display the direction you are travelling in? You can see I was travelling North East when I took the picture.

My digital one is near identical to the dial.  I checked them against a GPS camera detector, and at 70mph they're only about 2-3 mph low.

Yeah - I get the digital compass in the top corner when I'm moving.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #37 on: 17 May 2010, 12:34 »

That's right, would rather have it back first then send it on to Kev.

Thats cool sundaydriver, just let me know when you have it back and tested ok.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 17 May 2010, 18:12 »
Just hope I don't take the car abroad now  :laugh:

I can change mine back to KMPH by choosing a tick box in the MFD settings - no Vagcom required from the way its set up now.
Can you do this?  Taking it abroad wouldn't be a problem - just tick / untick this box

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 17 May 2010, 19:02 »
Yeah I noticed this after posting. Think I mentioned it a few posts back. Nice feature  :smiley: