Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627558 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1300 on: 23 February 2014, 09:31 »
That's horrendous Neil!  :shocked:

Bonnet should be up at least once a week.  :laugh:

Seriously though the build quality on that is pretty dire imagine the amount of unfiltered crud that could have gone through there, damaging turbo blades etc.
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #1301 on: 23 February 2014, 11:44 »
Sold the 35 and funds in the bank and being collected Monday/Tuesday

Will miss this as and what i did to it, hoping the R turns up next week for March 1st

Hope it's gone to a loving home.

Roll on the arrival of the R.  I hope you'll let us have a detailed review of it once you've got to grips with it.
Yeah, please let us know
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1302 on: 23 February 2014, 12:39 »
Setting the scene....

A damp private track in backwoods of Yorkshire, the air rank with the odour of exhaust fumes and stretching out in front of you a thin sliver of gnarled black, damp, partly muddy, Tarmac curving gradually uphill into the distance. The gearstick snicked into manual mode and the ESP turned off, revs build and you are off..........the nearly worn tyres slip and grip, your head and eyes go funny with the G force and...........

Not bad to say it isn't even set-up fully yet the bum dyno said more power and the software calculates out at 447bhp. There's definitely more than spring pressure by the looks of it. 1/4 mile figures when I can after set-up. :cool:

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #1303 on: 23 February 2014, 17:48 »
Setting the scene....

A damp private track in backwoods of Yorkshire, the air rank with the odour of exhaust fumes and stretching out in front of you a thin sliver of gnarled black, damp, partly muddy, Tarmac curving gradually uphill into the distance. The gearstick snicked into manual mode and the ESP turned off, revs build and you are off..........the nearly worn tyres slip and grip, your head and eyes go funny with the G force and...........

y

Not bad to say it isn't even set-up fully yet the bum dyno said more power and the software calculates out at 447bhp. There's definitely more than spring pressure by the looks of it. 1/4 mile figures when I can after set-up. :cool:
That is very impressive-especially in damp conditions.
Out of curiousity, with the car being in such a high state of tune, are you intending on keeping it long term or for a high mileage? I'm wondering how it would stand up to the extra stresses and wear and tear
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #1304 on: 23 February 2014, 18:34 »

Seriously though the build quality on that is pretty dire imagine the amount of unfiltered crud that could have gone through there, damaging turbo blades etc.

John, my bonnet is usually up at least once a week  :grin:
Luckily I haven't used my car much in the last month, so hopefully I haven't sucked too much crap in there ? Although I did go to Liverpool last weekend in it  :sad:

That thing of yours is looking a beast ! Once you get it set up properly and some decent rubber and better weather, god knows what times your gonna hit !!
I need a ride in it  :smiley: maybe see you at Statlers as I need to ring them and get my car booked in for a DSG map  :smiley: let me know when your around and I'll get it booked in and have a nosey at your car  :cool:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1305 on: 23 February 2014, 19:29 »
Out of curiousity, with the car being in such a high state of tune, are you intending on keeping it long term or for a high mileage? I'm wondering how it would stand up to the extra stresses and wear and tear

I am planning on keeping it long term, even if I get another new daily. Before this I had an ED30 and so know how tough these engines are. :cool:

Luckily I haven't used my car much in the last month, so hopefully I haven't sucked too much crap in there ? Although I did go to Liverpool last weekend in it  :sad:

That thing of yours is looking a beast ! Once you get it set up properly and some decent rubber and better weather, god knows what times your gonna hit !!
I need a ride in it  :smiley: maybe see you at Statlers as I need to ring them and get my car booked in for a DSG map  :smiley: let me know when your around and I'll get it booked in and have a nosey at your car  :cool:

It will be fine Neil! luckily you have a decent cover around that area to help protect from crud.

I have some semi-slicks ready to go on the R, so things should be better soon on launches. The DSG map is excellent and IMHO a must have. I'm usually around as I only live 5 miles from Statllers, so let me know and I'm there. :smiley:

Offline Rob-MK5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1306 on: 23 February 2014, 19:46 »
New wheels, conti's and h&r sports  :smiley:

And cleaned the wife's

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
« Reply #1307 on: 23 February 2014, 19:55 »
Sits well on the H&Rs  :smiley: are they 19s they look massive,
I cleaned mine today and got roped in to cleaning the wife's aswell  :sad:
Loving the 7R

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #1308 on: 23 February 2014, 19:57 »
Car looks awesome rob  :cool: Like the wheels, but must admit they wouldn't be my first choice.
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
« Reply #1309 on: 23 February 2014, 19:59 »

I am planning on keeping it long term, even if I get another new daily. Before this I had an ED30 and so know how tough these engines are. :cool:

It will be fine Neil! luckily you have a decent cover around that area to help protect from crud.

I have some semi-slicks ready to go on the R, so things should be better soon on launches. The DSG map is excellent and IMHO a must have. I'm usually around as I only live 5 miles from Statllers, so let me know and I'm there. :smiley:

Will do pal  :smiley:
Been meaning to get the box mapped for a while, just never got around to it  :smiley:
Loving the 7R