Author Topic: GT TDi - can anyone offer advice about the engines??  (Read 7822 times)

Offline welshgar

• Here all the time
Re: GT TDi - can anyone offer advice about the engines??
« Reply #20 on: 17 February 2006, 13:33 »
Hi everyone.............Paul25 the tapping that you can here under the bonnet is a valve called the n75 valve it makes a fast ticking sound yeah , and not to brag but like some may feel i'm doing but there's not a lot i don't know about the 110hp tdi VE rotary pump diesel pump diesel engine but then again i also claim to know a lot about women......enough said.

One of the thing i really like to do is give out good strong correct information to/for anyone who wants or needs it , right onto the fun stuff....Yes the pd 150hp can be chipped to 190whp with only a remap but come on guy's its started with forty more hp in the first place , the second reason it gets such a big bang for the buck is the higher pressure thats used to inject the fuel , that said with just an injector change and a remap or better still a live map ( which i will explain to anyone who cares to know ) 170hp is achievable with these 2 mods .

If you want more , more is available and the only thing stopping one from going to the level or degree i have is £Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£'s , with no change to the internals around 190whp is quite safe but for this your going to need a vnt17 or a hybrid vnt17/20 turbo a large fmic = front mount intercooler plus most of the intercooler pipe work and inlet changed.

My motor started out with the even old first generation 1Z engine 90hp unit which has a wastegate turbo unlike the newer 110hp which has the vnt turbo = Variable vane turbo , it will very shorty be running with a T28bb oil and watercooled turbo running around 30/35psi a large bar and plate intercooler and hopefully when its live mapped will be close to 250hp and 400lbs of torque + a limited slip diff motorsport clutch and lightened flywheel and there's more but i can see your board now.

So when someone tells you that the 90hp or the 110hp none pd engine doesn't tune as well as the 130hp or 150hp pd's you now know different , and when these two pd motors are remapped there's only around 10hp in it.

The chap who had the blown engine did it in fact blow the turbo which usually means all the oil going into the intercooler and makes a very rough sounding noise or did the steelership tell you this because your car lacked power or some times when you put your foot hard on the excellerator it would have no power which is called ( over boosting and limp home mode )  if all that i've ranted on about is so i would suspect it to be your air mass sensor or n75/m18 valves as well or a leak in one of the small vacuum pipes which go to the actuator and n75/m18 valves and control the vanes of the turbo , which i would change out................if its the oil jobby then yes its the turbo seals that have given up the ghost.

P.S........if you want to know more or want more power do not be slow to ask.........l new nothing about these motors and look at me now taking for England come to mind..........pm or email me....1/4 13.025 @ 115mph....now why on earth would you want to go and buy a 1.8T 20v fore. :cry:.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Steve.

:smiley: :smiley: oi oi matey.
great source of advice.. i almost cant wait to have my car/turbo break down.

Mk4 GT TDi::RS4's::weitec coilies::RCCR::polo mirrors::cream leather::
MK1 1.5 GL Auto restoration....coming along slowly :-(
its not the winning that gives me pleasure....its the taking apart

Offline paul25_uk

• Not said much yet
  • Gettin' there!
Re: GT TDi - can anyone offer advice about the engines??
« Reply #21 on: 21 February 2006, 12:17 »
Steve, great post! :grin:

The n75 Valve ticking.  Is it supposed to do this?  If not should i get replaced?

Many thanks again for a great post.