Author Topic: ** URGENT! Alpine headunit connections.... **  (Read 3310 times)

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
** URGENT! Alpine headunit connections.... **
« on: 28 March 2006, 20:01 »
Hello,

Ive sold my old stereo on ebay  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5878118115&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

and the bloke says the connector doesnt fit and is missing... i thought it was a standard ISO plug and would fit everything...

this is the email i recieved...

"Hi, I've just recived the item but a part is missing. The connector plug for the back of the unit wasn't packed. As it stands, there is no was to connect it to the car."

as far as i know that was the complete item... is there a connector plug ive left in my old car... and if there is is there any way to get a replacement?!

this is the next email i got

"Hi,

IÂ’m sorry but that is unacceptable.

If you check the eBay rules for sellers you would know that you would have to state CLEARLY

That only the items in the picture will be sent. At best your auction was frugal with the truth. Also only one end of the connections leads are

Standard ISO fit, the end that connects to the unit is not. ThatÂ’s why you can only buy them from the manufacturer.

The cost to but the ISO connector from Alpine would be expensive and as such I am exercising my right to refuse the goods sent

as INCOMPLETE.

I am now requesting a refund from you. When it is received I will post the item back.

If you refuse to provide a refund then you will leave me with no choice but to pursue the matter with eBay and Paypal to recover

The purchase costs."

Anyone shed any light on it?

thanks

ANT

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
Re: ** URGENT! Alpine headunit connections.... **
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2006, 20:10 »
you haven't ut that it will fit any car, so tehrefore he has to make it fit. He may need a harness adaptor, as some cars do not have the standard plug (thought it was iso - but i dunno) and need an adaptor to the abck of the unit.

you have said nothing about wiring in your advert. tell him to naff off! i would. *complete with faceplate stereo and manual* - in teh box with new setero's you get a wiring block, did u send him that attached to the back of the main unit? becuase thats the only bit i think he'd get with a new stereo.

In your defense you have stated that what it comes with!

Hope someone else can help mroe than me! Good luck!

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2006, 20:13 »
I dont think so, i thought I had supplied the loom also.... Ive found an apline wiring loom for a 16 PIN sot headunit... does the Alpine 7873R have a 16 pin slot?

if so ill just buy that and post him it so he can fit it.

...... :(

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2006, 20:39 »
Did you supply the radio with the power loom to ISO lead?

1 end will plug into the radio and the other end will have a industry standard ISO plug?
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2006, 03:33 »
i thoguht i had supplied everything that it came with... but the bloke says it doesnt fit, ive offered to buy a 16 pin wiring loom for the alpine headunit that i have been informed will fit if the head unit is less than 5 years old.

the blojke says it is a 16 pin rectangualr plug.

Ive just emailed him to say ill buy it and post it free of charge.

i think ive done the required amount... my dad is a solicitor and he says in my advert that he bourght it how it was advertised and should tell him to go to ebay and try and get his money back and he will write from his firm to state that the guy bought it as describedin the advert and hasnt got a leg to stand on...

but id rather just fork out £20 and keep my 100% feedback,

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2006, 07:51 »
i'd what your dad does! tbh cos you can leave him bad feedback too,

Offline Bazzer

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2006, 08:07 »
Well if I were buying it I would expect the items in the picture. BUT... if there was a harness included with the unit when you purchased it new, it would be good either to include it or to specify you're NOT going to include it... If I were you, to shut the guy up, why don't you send him the connector from your car?

Replacements from Alpine won't be that expensive - I used to get stuff all the time from teh when I worked at HellFrauds. Some Autoleads connectors fit too btw...

Bazzer

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2006, 10:56 »
send him the connector off my new alpine?

think im just gonna buy him this one, trouble is ive already left him positive feedback grrr

ill know for next time. just waiting for him to email back to say if its cool or not.  :angry:

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2006, 11:11 »
leaving him bad feedback wouldn't be right! The guy performed his end of the deal fine. he paid. that's all is required for the buyers feedback.

because I'm not doing the selling I can't say if the right plug was there. If it was one of mine and I had sent him an ISO lead then I'd be informing him that his car hasn't got an ISO plug and that's his problem. the radio was supplied with a loom which will connect to most cars straight away and the others with a small conversion cable to ISO.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline ANT_1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2006, 11:09 »
got the loom in the post... the bloke said it will fit any alpine headunit as long as its not more than 5 years old...
how old is the 7873 R?  on the back of hte packet is says

7854 R 7854 RM 7855 RB and 7857 RB...... but no 7873R

are these the same series of headunits and should have the same plugs?

HELLLLLLLP!!!