Author Topic: robo22sri - vr6 project  (Read 7472 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
robo22sri - vr6 project
« on: 18 October 2012, 19:25 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline robo22sri

• GTI forum regular
Re: robo22sri - vr6 project
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2012, 21:06 »
Thanks Jv :)

Will get the bits from my newbie thread :)

Offline robo22sri

• GTI forum regular
Re: robo22sri - vr6 project
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2012, 14:43 »
this is the base project!

The car was a 2.0 16v gti and has had a 2.9 vr6 coversion carried out by stealth racing back in 2002
it came with wietec coilovers, hi spec 4 pots, eibach front and rear ARB, sparco front and rear strut braces, colour concept black recaro seats, and full re spray in royal blue, it also has a schrick inlet and schimmel cams :)

In the first couple of months of owning it i had some major issues! was drinking petrol and the brakes didnt feel very good!
I found the timing out and had to re time it properly! then found a braided brake hoes had failed and pierced the brake line and spraying fluid out :(

So £300 down front new hoses, pads and discs ordered up  :whistle: The hardline to the braided siezed, had to make a new hard line from the abs unit.

After getting the brakes completed that night the top hose from the block to matrix exploded :(

I think the car is cursed  :evil:

Bought a vento front! not fitted yet! got to get rid of the horrible mk4 messy front!

fixed the brakes as had issues with them! then block to matrix hoses exploded! :(

So i bought these

I started to refurb my schmidt ml splits :)

The car is now sat on the drive like this!

Spent about £450 getting all new collant setup and sensor for oil etc!

Just need to get the sills repaired :( because they are shot to bits! and have found a hole in the passenger foot well!

The car is back together

And the heater matrix broke!!!  :whistle: :rolleyes:

So next on the list is heater matrix!