Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529612 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1960 on: 08 January 2019, 11:51 »

Spent a few hours with the baby, polished and waxed a couple of panels, dressed black bits and cleaned windows.
Didn't get time to polish the pipes though.

That really does look great with TR and the gunmetal wheels. Some black or carbon mirror caps would look fantastic as well  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1961 on: 11 January 2019, 10:57 »
A lovely mild morning so washed the Mk6 and topped up the Angelwax Enigma with Angelwax Corona  :smiley:

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1962 on: 13 January 2019, 13:49 »
Well i got up this morning and the weather was looking ok apart from the wind but it was dry so I thought time for the golfs late xmas pressie due to rubbish weather over the hols so its had

Pressure wash rinse and snow foamed twice.
Then 2 bucket wash and rinse.
Wheels detoxed.
Blow dry also assisted by the wind and dab dried.
Bodywork and Windows clayed.
Polished waxed and sealed.
Wheels washed polished and sealed and pressures all set.
Tyres and all the black trim blacked.
And finally tailpipes polished to get the shine back.
Sat down now cuppa in hand job done lol  :whistle:

bbva bank near me
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1963 on: 14 January 2019, 16:00 »
Grabbed the oppurtunity to give my GTI a good wash and wax before the cold weather hits in a few days. Snow foamed and washed, wheels sprayed with Bilberry cleaner and cleaned with the great Wheel Woolies. Open ended hose rinse and dried with Wo-Wo drying towels. Paint sealed with FinishKare 1000P, whilst that was going off the exhaust tips were polished with Mothers and glass cleaned with Autoglym Fast Glass. Buffed off the sealant then one layer of FinishKare Pink Wax. Whilst that was going off the tyres were dressed and a coat of Gtechniq C2v3 applied to all glass. Wax buffed off then given a final buff with a Dodo Juice Fantastic Fur mf. Last job was to apply some FinishKare Ultra Slick Polywipe qd to the wheels for a bit of added gloss :smiley:

I haven't done any decontamination before this winter and I did see a few tar spots but this will have to wait until spring now. Overall I'm happy with the result, apart from the decon though I want to get the wheels off for a deep clean and to move the tyres around since they are now on nearly 10k miles.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1964 on: 14 January 2019, 16:34 »
Grabbed the oppurtunity to give my GTI a good wash and wax before the cold weather hits in a few days. Snow foamed and washed, wheels sprayed with Bilberry cleaner and cleaned with the great Wheel Woolies. Open ended hose rinse and dried with Wo-Wo drying towels. Paint sealed with FinishKare 1000P, whilst that was going off the exhaust tips were polished with Mothers and glass cleaned with Autoglym Fast Glass. Buffed off the sealant then one layer of FinishKare Pink Wax. Whilst that was going off the tyres were dressed and a coat of Gtechniq C2v3 applied to all glass. Wax buffed off then given a final buff with a Dodo Juice Fantastic Fur mf. Last job was to apply some FinishKare Ultra Slick Polywipe qd to the wheels for a bit of added gloss :smiley:

I haven't done any decontamination before this winter and I did see a few tar spots but this will have to wait until spring now. Overall I'm happy with the result, apart from the decon though I want to get the wheels off for a deep clean and to move the tyres around since they are now on nearly 10k miles.

Looks good Watts. Planning on doing mine tomorrow, and fitting my new Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1965 on: 14 January 2019, 17:13 »
Cheers SR! Looks like tomorrow will be the last reasonable day for car washing for a while, I find it a bit much when the hose is frozen let alone my poor little digits :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #1966 on: 14 January 2019, 20:36 »
Looking spot on as usual Peter very good job well done 👌👍👍
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1967 on: 14 January 2019, 20:53 »
Looking spot on as usual Peter very good job well done 👌👍👍

Cheers Neil :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1968 on: 03 February 2019, 20:18 »
Not had chance to do the GTI this weekend but gave these 2 beauties a maintenance wash  :cool:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1969 on: 03 February 2019, 21:22 »
Lovely couple of jobs done there Jim, I know nothing about bikes but that looks like a bit of a beast :evil: Like the TT 240 behind the 911. What a great selection of vehicles in one car park!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.