Author Topic: Mk7 on test in Sweden  (Read 14199 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Mk7 on test in Sweden
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2013, 20:58 »

Are those black side skirts on the concept gti? looks like they've dropped them looking at this.

The R in the pics doesn't have skirts either and you can guarantee both models will in production form.

In fact that R looks really bland!

They're in this picture which is obviously the same car which is strange. ???

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2013, 00:04 »
Sure its not just the snow spray playing tricks?

Offline rodd1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2013, 12:26 »
Sure its not just the snow spray playing tricks?

Think you could be right. Not that theres much of a side skirt there anyway, think VW could have gone a little further and made it a little more pronounced for the GTI and R, maybe it'll look better in the flesh?

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2013, 16:03 »

Are those black side skirts on the concept gti? looks like they've dropped them looking at this.

The R in the pics doesn't have skirts either and you can guarantee both models will in production form.

In fact that R looks really bland!

They're in this picture which is obviously the same car which is sturange. ???

Yup skirts on both GTI pics. Noticed that GTI and blue motion have wing badges.

Ref bland R I think this is a test mule as it doesnt have a body kit to speak of unlike the GTI shown. If you look closely at the GTI rear spoiler it is deep compared and has black side window surrounds (blue motion too) and the R has just the std rear spoiler and has blue motion rear lights so I am sure that the R in these pics is not in production trim. Other clues are chrome strip on grill, no deep front spoiler, no badges, no black mirror caps and no distinctive rear bumper.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2013, 22:23 by Edi35 »
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2013, 20:59 »
Well said, they'll keep drip feeding us little bits to keep things interesting.

Offline bcarlin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2013, 22:39 »
If that's how the mk7 gti will look I'm not getting one.
It looks really bland and more like a Kia Cee'd

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2013, 08:07 »

Until you sit inside
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2013, 09:35 »

Until you sit inside

^This, the mk7 is a lovely place to sit imo and the GTI will only be better, being honest i don't think i've ever looked at a new GTI and instantly fallen for it's looks, i wasn't keen on the mk6 at all from the pictures but the first time i drove one i new i wanted it and now i still smile when i walk back to it in the supermarket car park, i often think it's the nicest car there! I'm biased obviously. :laugh:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2013, 11:03 »
If that's how the mk7 gti will look I'm not getting one.

Maybe this is your first VW I don’t know but what you should do is go and have a test drive the Creed down a B road. Then go and test a normal mark 7 Golf down the same B road. The engineering in the Golf is way advanced over the Creed and that’s where driver enjoyment comes in.
Pictures don’t do the mark 7 justice. You need to park a mark 6 next to a mark 7 before you really see the difference. The basic design in the mark 7 is there of the Golf but it is different when parked side by side , sleeker and much more modern looking. The mark six side by side looks thrumpy and older looking. Focus has went the same way as has the BMW 1 not hugely different from the previous model. The next GTI will be an absolute cracker put your money on it

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #29 on: 25 January 2013, 11:49 »
Agree with the comments by Edi35

The other thing is that those pictures are quite heavily processed and this is affecting the 'real' look of the car. The standard Mk7 does have that sleek / modern look about it and if they get it right on the GTI, I think we're in for a treat.  I for one can't wait until the official R pics are released...

IMHO there is no substitute for seeing the car in the flesh - a picture can be very deceptive.