Author Topic: wel had my exhaust fitted now with pics and vid  (Read 2698 times)

Offline paulwayman

• GTI forum regular
Re: wel had my exhaust fitted
« Reply #10 on: 02 November 2010, 08:09 »
paul what ddecat you buying ??

not had good look yet going to have look today  :wink:

Offline vwblackmk4gti

• Here all the time
Re: wel had my exhaust fitted now with pics and vid
« Reply #11 on: 02 November 2010, 14:08 »
i've got the exact same exhaust, mines from long life, and didn't av a middle section, n a very small back box, which was exceptionally loud,, over toned my m8s impreza at times. and always use to set car alarms off. at to av it quitered dwn.

Offline paulwayman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 02 November 2010, 14:13 »
i've got the exact same exhaust, mines from long life, and didn't av a middle section, n a very small back box, which was exceptionally loud,, over toned my m8s impreza at times. and always use to set car alarms off. at to av it quitered dwn.

yeah mine has no middle box its not really loud just nice sound not loud enough to set alarms off :shocked:

Offline vwblackmk4gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 02 November 2010, 14:15 »
mine was, wa engine av you gt, mine is a 20v n/a so tones differ dependant on engines

Offline paulwayman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 02 November 2010, 14:17 »
mine was, wa engine av you gt, mine is a 20v n/a so tones differ dependant on engines

1.8 20v turbo aum re-mapped apart from exhaust standard for now :grin:

Offline vwblackmk4gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 02 November 2010, 14:20 »
i've jus bought a aum turbo 3dr, hav'nt started to mod it yet tho. can you decat the aum engines then, because i heard you get running problems with aum with a decat

Offline paulwayman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 02 November 2010, 14:23 »
i've jus bought a aum turbo 3dr, hav'nt started to mod it yet tho. can you decat the aum engines then, because i heard you get running problems with aum with a decat

im getting 3in down pipe with decat i have not heard anything like that but if im wrong im sure someone will come along soon and correct me  :wink:

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 November 2010, 16:12 »
Could have given it some in the video  :laugh:   Sounds nice mate, personally not a fan of single exhaust tail pipes on the mk4, needs to be a twin of some description  :evil:
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline paulwayman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2010, 16:23 »
Could have given it some in the video  :laugh:   Sounds nice mate, personally not a fan of single exhaust tail pipes on the mk4, needs to be a twin of some description  :evil:

hello m8 i bought twin but was not for me like to be odd one out  :grin: wil get better vid tomorrow then  :evil:

Offline The Dave

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2010, 23:19 »
Sounds well that does mate :)