Author Topic: musing.......  (Read 2335 times)

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
Re: musing.......
« Reply #10 on: 29 January 2020, 20:34 »
19 plate Tiguan was crap too...
I think the LED reversing lights on the GTI combined with the covered lens do make a huge difference.
something must have been wrong with your camera then as it's the same one used across most of the VW range. I believe the golf and Tiguan use exactly the same camera.

This was a loan car whilst mine was being serviced. The rear badge on the Tiguan isn’t the boot release and the camera was fixed in the number plate light recess.
TBH the lack of heated seats was my main concern 😁
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 29 January 2020, 20:45 »
I find it ironic that my first Mk 7, a GTD, had no camera, and really crap lights, while my current GTI has really good lights and a camera. I remember a horrible experience, with the GTD, in a Dorset village with no street lights, trying to turn in a very narrow lane. Absolute doddle in this car!

Not sure I’ve ever used the reverse lights to see where I’m reversing!  :grin:

I think many people would be the same.

The primary purpose of reversing lights is really to warn others of your intention to reverse, rather than provide adequate illumination to help you see where you’re reversing. Probably why the majority of cars’ reversing lights are quite small, but they show enough light for other road users and pedestrians to know your intentions.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 29 January 2020, 22:58 »
19 plate Tiguan was crap too...
I think the LED reversing lights on the GTI combined with the covered lens do make a huge difference.
something must have been wrong with your camera then as it's the same one used across most of the VW range. I believe the golf and Tiguan use exactly the same camera.

This was a loan car whilst mine was being serviced. The rear badge on the Tiguan isn’t the boot release and the camera was fixed in the number plate light recess.
TBH the lack of heated seats was my main concern 😁
ah that'll be why then 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2020, 10:05 »
I thought the mercs come out the badge too, I did in the rental I had, and a few of my customers have 360, but I don’t think it’s down to camera, I’d say it’s screen as you couldn’t watch videos in the rental,

A lot of the Mercs have it hidden in the black plastic next to the number plate lights under a flap.
That’s what happens in my wife’s E class wagon anyway 2019. Resolution is very very clear and it has the 360 camera.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox