Author Topic: NEW Gtd questions  (Read 13733 times)

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
Re: NEW Gtd questions
« Reply #20 on: 02 February 2017, 20:13 »
« Last Edit: 02 February 2017, 21:01 by GTDING »

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 03 February 2017, 01:30 »
What about Sport & Sound? - I love that on my current car!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 03 February 2017, 07:35 »
What about Sport & Sound? - I love that on my current car!

Can't see anything too drastic added, apart from a facelift and interior revamp.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 03 February 2017, 07:55 »
"Sport mode" changes the electronic fly by wire throttle mapping. In other words what in "normal" mode gives you 20% throttle for 15mm of pedal travel (just a random example) gives you 40% in "sport".

It does some other things too - changes the electronic steering rack turn rate (steering feels heavier), changes the bendy headlights to "sport" (no idea exactly what changes), ACC accelerates faster and if you have DCC, makes the *initial* damping firmer. Oh and also it makes the internal soundaktor louder - the fake engine noise is more pronounced.

If you choose individual mode, you can choose which of these things you want set to what.

It makes the bendy lights turn more and faster, you will notice it when you are driving around with high beams on. I was surprised by how much they turn when in sport mode.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 03 February 2017, 07:59 »
The steering isn't just heavier in Sport (Race on the R), it feels more direct and the lock to lock is much shorter (around 1.8 turns of the steering wheel rather than 2.4).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 03 February 2017, 18:40 »
The steering isn't just heavier in Sport (Race on the R), it feels more direct and the lock to lock is much shorter (around 1.8 turns of the steering wheel rather than 2.4).

So the suspension dampers don't change from standard then? The ride feels firmer in Sport, so if the dampers don't change, the feeling must all come from the changes with the steering and aural. Certainly all feels and sounds a lot more 'aggressive' in Sport. I feel like that's how a GTI (with a diesel engine in) should feel! GTID :grin:

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #26 on: 03 February 2017, 21:03 »
So the suspension dampers don't change from standard then? The ride feels firmer in Sport, so if the dampers don't change, the feeling must all come from the changes with the steering and aural.

As I said earlier:  if you have DCC, makes the *initial* damping firmer

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 04 February 2017, 02:25 »
On the latest Mk7 Sport & Sound was an option to give you an extra sporty sound to the car along with red calipars - no sign of any mention of this in the brochure for the Mk7.5
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline GTDING

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 04 February 2017, 13:39 »
On the latest Mk7 Sport & Sound was an option to give you an extra sporty sound to the car along with red calipars - no sign of any mention of this in the brochure for the Mk7.5

Nor keyless, which we LOOOOVE! Hey finger print coded car. At least that's what a passer by might assume, when we lock and unlock it...Plus the push button start, how sexy is that!? :cool:

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 05 February 2017, 00:59 »
GTDING - I agree totally - love the keyless!