Author Topic: t4 turbo, is this kit any good ?  (Read 15454 times)

Offline Charlieessex

• Not said much yet
t4 turbo, is this kit any good ?
« on: 02 July 2011, 09:44 »

Offline vwblackmk4gti

• Here all the time
Re: t4 turbo, is this kit any good ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2011, 15:10 »
very interesting, anyone?

Offline lord14

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2011, 12:08 »
got the same turbo on my golf , 1.8t agu , the kit looks like its got most the stuff you need , we have used the manifold and turbo before and intercooler , they work fine and we made 320bhp on standard internals on a agu engine . but you need a electronic boost controller and you may need a few other little bits but that kit does have the bulk of it , we dont even use a oil cooler . but once my brother forged his bottom end with this turbo made 404 bhop

Offline porter_89

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2011, 18:07 »
is thiws turbo worth it ober the ko4??

cheers
1.8t-aum-stage 1 remap wagen worx-CAI-demon motorsport TIP-black forge 007P,H.I.D's 6000k-front badgless bonnet bra-r32 reps(selling soon)-m3 rear lights,dropped on JOM coilovers with fk drop links-3" turbo back exhaust-FMIC ordered SOLD SOLD SOLD

to do:
Bbs lm reps want now haha r32 wheels for sale soon pm me if interested

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2011, 18:36 »
seems a very good price.. only thing that would put me off is that its not a garrett T3/4 turbo its a chinese copy.. but then again ive spoke to a few people recently running chinese copies with no problems at all.. I cant see parts fitting very well as 9 times out of 10 cheap kits dont fit well from my experience.. If you are willing to put the effort in to finish this off then it could be a good buy..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2011, 20:55 »
T3/4 is superior to a k04... Toyosports have produced good things for many members. Look at the induction kits people have used off them, I'm even running there 1.8T A4 FMIC on the golf.

I do know there Turbo's are copies, but I've read no problems about them, yet I wouldn't want to risk it myself. Until more info on these being pushed hard and under some reasonable mileage, but I am very tempted! Considering how happy I have been with there products I may take the plunge as there quality has been spot on for my liking. Plus everything made in china now days meeting ISO standards etc, can they really be that bad?

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline ashw831

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2011, 22:28 »
Most things we buy nowadays are made in china arent they?? they all have to be made to a decent quality for people to be able to sell them dont they.. you cant sell something that is going to blow when you push it to the quoted figures they have provided?  :undecided:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2011, 22:29 »
Most things we buy nowadays are made in china arent they?? they all have to be made to a decent quality for people to be able to sell them dont they.. you cant sell something that is going to blow when you push it to the quoted figures they have provided?  :undecided:

No steer clear imo

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline lord14

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2011, 22:46 »
well me and my brother on both our cars have used this manifold and turbo , turbos lasted fine . and manifolds been good aswell , also we have had the external gates aswell and there good . you get a 6month warranty on all of there turbos anyway

Offline lord14

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2011, 22:47 »
and it will easily make over 300bhp as we've had one up to 404bhp and its been fine at 27psi of boost . if your only going for 300bhp or so the turbo puts that out no problem at around 15psi