Author Topic: 17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)  (Read 14424 times)

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
i need to check mine too as i keep gettin this code its doin my head in  :sad:

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline Waffs1984

• I live here
  • Spacers are for chumps...
Cheers for the replies guys, so what exactly is it i'm checking? The pancake pipe itself for damage or the hoses going to it (if there are any?) Am i right in thinking that its at the drivers side behind the arch liner, think i may have seen it when i did my brakes at xmas...
Mk4 GTi-T AUM l R-Tech Stage 1 l AP Coilovers l Forge 007p l New Style RS4's 18" l Toyo Proxies 4 l Hofele Bumper Grills l Silver Interior Trim l N249 Bypass l Front & Rear Powerflex bushes l Forge TIP l CAI l GolfGTi.co.uk Stickers l Catch Can Fitted & PCV System Deleted l Redstuff Rear Pads l More to come...

Offline GregUK

• GTI forum regular
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM 150bhp in Diamond Black
Cheers for the replies guys, so what exactly is it i'm checking? The pancake pipe itself for damage or the hoses going to it (if there are any?) Am i right in thinking that its at the drivers side behind the arch liner, think i may have seen it when i did my brakes at xmas...

Yes, it's in the front drivers side wheel arch. It's not the pipe that becomes damaged (it's metal), but rather the connections to it.

I've got exactly the same problem as you, having checked all of my hoses and connections apart from the pancake pipe. It's a fairly common problem apparently, so I'll be checking mine at the weekend :wink:

Offline jtomlin

• I live here
  • 1999 AGU 1.8T GTI
i had this one when i bought the car, cant remember what happened now really....but enough of my helpfull comments

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
If its your pancake pipe i have one that i took off my car when i put the new front mount on, any problesm i.e pipe, intercooler etc your can have em for the cost of the postage mate

hope you find out whats wrong

Offline Waffs1984

• I live here
  • Spacers are for chumps...
If its your pancake pipe i have one that i took off my car when i put the new front mount on, any problesm i.e pipe, intercooler etc your can have em for the cost of the postage mate

hope you find out whats wrong

Ah thanks very much for that mate! I am up at my mates this weekend who has a double garage with hydraulic ramps in so will have the car up on there for fitting the TIP, should make inspeciton of the pancake pipe easier! Will let you know, and thanks once again!

Just another quick question as i am not familiar with the pancake pipe, are the hoses that connect to it part of the 5 piece boost hose set? Or does it connect to something else?

Cheers,

Matt.
Mk4 GTi-T AUM l R-Tech Stage 1 l AP Coilovers l Forge 007p l New Style RS4's 18" l Toyo Proxies 4 l Hofele Bumper Grills l Silver Interior Trim l N249 Bypass l Front & Rear Powerflex bushes l Forge TIP l CAI l GolfGTi.co.uk Stickers l Catch Can Fitted & PCV System Deleted l Redstuff Rear Pads l More to come...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
have a read of this

17705 Code And Possible Causes

I'd make yourself a pot of tea and sit in a quiet corner for a couple of hours!!

Offline emjays_GTI

• Just got here
did you ever get rid of the 17705 code by replacing the pancake pipe? ive has this issue for a long time now and have just come accross your post!? many thanks, Mitch.

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
If your getting the 17705 fault code and power cut, and you have checked the pcv system and boost pipes then there is a very good chance there is not fault with the car at all.  There is a software bug in the stock mapping which causes the 17705 code to keep popping up.  The fault related to a load factor off set based on engine rpm, maf reading, air temp, water temp ect  the deviation allowance is very low only a certain temps which can trigger the fault for no reason. 
 This can easy be mapped out in the stock mapping or the remap code.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
I reckon the chap above is right.

When I had my lambda sensor problem, I used to get the check DV prop also all the time.

Since changing the sensor, I've had no problems what so ever.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car