Author Topic: Mk4 golf 2.0 gti  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Shaunsheepv1

• Just got here
Mk4 golf 2.0 gti
« on: 08 May 2017, 16:40 »
So ive been having a few problems with my golf gti over the past few weeks and its died on me yesterday. Its been running like a bag of sh!t for some reason and cutting out on me under breaking and turning. So i had a full service done and had codes cleared. After about 2 miles of driving problems re-occur,  under load the car will not move, hits 2500 on revs then dies, engine is really loud compared to before. Plugged scanner in and got a mulitple misfire code. Installed a new coilpack and leads and to no avail! Codes read multiple misfire cylinder 1 2 3 and 4.. car will start and idle fine but once revs are applied it cuts out straight away now. Any help as to what this could be? Ive patched up an air pipe that runs to break servo so no leaks on that, thinking about cleaning the throttle body but stumped as to what else it could be.
Regards
Shaun

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Mk4 golf 2.0 gti
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2017, 19:55 »
Maf sensor could be playing up unolug it see if it makes a difference

Offline Shaunsheepv1

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2017, 12:45 »
Ive tried with the maf unplugged and it makes no difference what-so-ever.. hopefully i should be able to clean out the throttle body today and go from there

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2017, 14:50 »
What's the air flow rate in measuring blocks at full throttle at designated full speed (can't remember if this is 5500 on 2.0)?

From this you can tell if the MAF is monitoring approx. correct amount of air.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles