Author Topic: 2001 golf mk4 1.8t gti, power loss when warm 2 fault codes  (Read 3714 times)

Offline LukeGTI89

• Just got here
  • 2001 gti 1.8t 3door stage 1 remap
Out of curiosity, if i were to fit a forge valve, would i need to worry about mapping it in or will it work with the current settings, im told that my car has a stagr 1 revo map but from what i can see that and the exhaust which is cat back i beleive with a cat delete also performed (even though the cat is still in place) are the only upgrades as of yet by the previous owners, personally i would say its 100% been mapped as no way is it standard 150 bhp, same question goes if i were to fit an fmic?
Forgive me for what might seem common sense questions but im actually a very experienced mechanic however not with turbo charged systems.
Thanks
Luke
Why did i ever learn how to repair cars 😑

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Wont need mapping in. Same with a front mount. If its an early agu engine it can only be chipped so theres technically not a stage 2 to go to.
I think the later obd mappable ones you can tweak a little more to get stage 2.

Of youve not drove a mk4 1.8t before id say youd think it goes well so might not have been mapped as such yet.
A good way to tell is if you have a boost gauge ypull be able to see how well it boosts. Where it boosts up til in psi and how it holds the boost. As standard the boost doesnt hold that well. Especially if the dv spring is getting weaker