Author Topic: Recaro Seat Broken  (Read 1591 times)

Offline markallen

• Here all the time
  • AUM 1.8 20v Turbo 150bhp for now ;)
Recaro Seat Broken
« on: 16 March 2015, 15:55 »
Okay so my passenger seat doesn't fold forward to allow access to the rear, it slides forwards and backwards as normal...does anyone have any info on what has broken as I have no idea weather it is something under the seat or in the handles? As these are genuine recaro stamped seats I don't want to have to replace them if I can help it as they are hard to come by! Cheers
Golf Mk4 GTi Turbo, R32 front bumper, Lowered on ProSport Coilovers, Bora illuminated vents, Armrest, Heko wind deflectors, Aluminium vinyl trim.

Soon to be added, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Remap..oh and new turbo :(

Offline Technane

• Not said much yet
Re: Recaro Seat Broken
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2015, 16:22 »
I haven't dismantled one but i would assume they are cable driven to open the catch, you will need to disasemble the seat to figure it out tho i think.

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2015, 19:06 »
Does it still have the handles on both upper edges of the seat back, or are they missing?  Both handles do the same thing, if one is missing  :wink:

Same handles as visible in this image:
http://i.imgur.com/Btp6m.jpg
Little one on the inner edges and loop on the outer near the belts.

If it doesn't have these handles you might have 5 door front seats in a 3 door....  :undecided:

Build thread clicky

Offline markallen

• Here all the time
  • AUM 1.8 20v Turbo 150bhp for now ;)
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2015, 10:20 »
Sorry, they are three door ones yes, both of the handles are there. Working away again for a month so will have to have a look when I return! Ha ha. Cheers for the info
Golf Mk4 GTi Turbo, R32 front bumper, Lowered on ProSport Coilovers, Bora illuminated vents, Armrest, Heko wind deflectors, Aluminium vinyl trim.

Soon to be added, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Remap..oh and new turbo :(

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2015, 07:01 »
I haven't dismantled one but i would assume they are cable driven to open the catch, you will need to disasemble the seat to figure it out tho i think.

If that's the case, then what he said.

Maybe take both seats out, look how the other one operates and follow the fault. The seat back cream be dismantled as folk replace the foam. Maybe find a guide for that and go from there. Good luck!

Build thread clicky