Author Topic: Wolfsburg edition  (Read 12195 times)

Offline Terryvdubgolf

• Not said much yet
Wolfsburg edition
« on: 05 September 2013, 20:19 »
Hello all, new to the Vdub scene and have treated myself to a so called mk4 golf gti Wolfsburg edition, I have done a little research and can't seem to find another mk4. Is there such a thing??? I have all the import documents which say its a Wolfsburg also the engine code is AGU which I'm told is the 180bhp forged engine, log book just says its a gti which I'm told it will do as its an import. Anybody help please?? Thanks very muchly, Terry

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
Re: Wolfsburg edition
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2013, 21:48 »
welcome to the gti club Terry :) - the more info you can provide on your car the better, itll help us work out exactly what you bought :)

« Last Edit: 08 September 2013, 00:38 by dom069 »

Offline Terryvdubgolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2013, 22:18 »
Cheers for replying guys, prodictive text is a nightmare on my phone. It was imported from Wolfsburg Germany (have a picture but haven't worked out how to load it up on here yet plus it's all in German) was imported in 2000 but I have only had it 2 weeks and restoring it back to its original self slowly. All checks I have done comes back as a mk1 golf but it clearly isn't (again have pictures of the car so will upload when I work out how too unless anybody can help??) lots of various bits around the car and engine bay say Wolfsburg on it. Don't very mechanically minded so not sure what to look for or where. Have taken it in to a Volkswagen dealer who also done checks on it for me and there's came back as a mk1 golf but the mechanics in the had a look and said it was defo the 180bhp forged engine.

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2013, 22:56 »
Vin number would be a good start.

To get pics up you need something like a photobucket account, you upload pics to it then can link them in here.

Offline Terryvdubgolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2013, 23:10 »
This is some of the bits it says on import docs...
Type - 1J
Variant - SCAGUX01
Version - SGFM52J013M2
Categorie - M1
Naam en adres van de fabrikant - Volkswagen AG
                                                 D-38436 Wolfsburg
VIN - WVWZZZ1JZYW694904

Hope this helps and much appreciated fellow dubbers :)

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2013, 23:31 »
Double check the vin number with what is actually on the car. Any vin decoders are coming back with invalid check digit in what you have posted

agu is defo the 150bhp engine which would be correct as 180bhp never arrived until 03 in the mk4 Anniversay

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2013, 23:40 »
The Z after the J is actually a 2

WVWZZZ1J2YW694904

Offline Terryvdubgolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2013, 23:51 »
Vin is defo right bud, I have check over and over again and I'm getting the same problem with finding out information about the car. Checked all the vin number all over the car (engine bay, seals, boot, windows, log book) they all have the same vin number. It truly is a mind boggler to what the car is. On the log book it's only classed as a 1800 gti standard not 20valve turbo, I have been told by friends who have imported jap cars this is the norm but obviously this is German so can't compare to jap. It has import documents and stamps to prove and also have the original receipts of purchase from Germany (again in German which I cannot read) finding it hard to get bits for it and very expensive which don't mind too much as it is a nice car, also should it be costing £500 to have a standard exhaust on?? It is an absolute animal when it comes to power as it (if this sounds right) KD04 turbo instead of the KD03, stage 1 remap and ecu, all I need to get is a nice front mount. The front bumper on it I cannot find another anywhere, has vents on the side with a weird what looks like a mini inter cooler on the left side behind the bumper.

Offline Terryvdubgolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2013, 23:52 »
It's defo a Z and not a 2 bud, it has 4 Z's in total on the vin.

Offline Terryvdubgolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 06 September 2013, 00:04 »
Thanks bud, so it's just made in Wolfsburg Germany not a Wolfsburg edition. Will take all the badges and bits off that say Wolfsburg edition that someone ha clearly put on. Appreciate the advice an help bud