Author Topic: Anyone know the name/make of the standard immobiliser fitted in a Mk3 GTI?  (Read 4445 times)

Offline axewielder

• I live here
  • 95 dragon 8v
i didnt think standard immos would be toad, get it on vagcom + itll tell you the make+ serial no of the immo fitted, this is only the standard on that works with the key chip ect though

kells

Cheers guys, unfortunatley I haven't got the handbook either, so I'll just get a mechanic to do a note!  :smiley:

waste of time pal

unless you have the cert for cat A or B then you may aswell not bother....

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
I agree with kells....No insurance co would ask you to prove it has a non thatcham factory "key" immobiliser

did you tell them it has one fitted on a quote as I guess they want proof it's cat 1 or 2! (mine always do and I have to show the vsib approved fitting cert)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline *DubberLovinGem*

• Not said much yet
Yeah I told them it has one fitted, just wasn't sure which one....they did say a note from a mechanic would be acceptable though aswell. :huh:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
call them and explain it only has the standard factory immobiliser.....I feel there expecting something better!
vw didn't name the immobiliser as it's standard kit! (and fitted to all mk3's since 1994)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline *DubberLovinGem*

• Not said much yet
call them and explain it only has the standard factory immobiliser.....I feel there expecting something better!
vw didn't name the immobiliser as it's standard kit! (and fitted to all mk3's since 1994)
Thanks, I'll try that.  :smiley:

Offline bmw156

• GTI forum regular
mines a sigma, and its aload of bollocks lol.

they said the same, get a note from a garage saying it has an immobiliser

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Do you know phoenix business park off dodwells road? Pop in and i'll read the immo box and type up a quick note for your insurance company stating factory fitted immobiliser is present.

Offline *DubberLovinGem*

• Not said much yet
Do you know phoenix business park off dodwells road? Pop in and i'll read the immo box and type up a quick note for your insurance company stating factory fitted immobiliser is present.
Yes I do, are you dolphin?

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
No but i know stef from dolphin, we're a few units down next door to d.c metals.