Author Topic: Anyone know the name/make of the standard immobiliser fitted in a Mk3 GTI?  (Read 4437 times)

Offline *DubberLovinGem*

• Not said much yet
My insurance company won't insure me for theft until I can prove my P reg GTi Mk3 is fitted with an immobiliser, I'm presumbing the one it has is the manufactured standard fitted one, anyone know what it is called?  :huh:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Bit of a guess but mine is 'Toad' and i've seen a few others with it also..

Offline *DubberLovinGem*

• Not said much yet
Bit of a guess but mine is 'Toad' and i've seen a few others with it also..
Yeah, someone else said that too, did your's have a certificate to say it had that one fitted? That's what the insurnce company want, or a note from a mechanic at a garage, seems a bit daft really!

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
Did you tell them it's factory fitted and doesn't have a name? lol
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Very daft!

unfortunatly i don't have any paper work with mine so i wouldn't know! mine says that on the key for my VR6, i'd assume it's the same on the GTi?...can you not just show them your key if that is the case?

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
A lot of the VW range came with the conlog alarm systems.

I think theres some info in the maintenance section or failing that i once saw some info that Boneybradley had gathered on them.

Paul

Offline DubSociety

• I live here
Conlog is the one ...

And mine had/has a certificate ??? just pop in to a garage, and give them a tenner to write you a note confirming it has one.

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here

Offline bluquarta

• GTI forum regular
Direct line asked me for proof of this. The only thing I could find that stated it was the handbook so I sent that in and that was fine for them. Cant remember what page it was. They said it was classed as a transponder immobiliser I think. hope that helps

Offline *DubberLovinGem*

• Not said much yet
Cheers guys, unfortunatley I haven't got the handbook either, so I'll just get a mechanic to do a note!  :smiley: