Author Topic: Recirc valve popped off - anyone else had this?  (Read 1927 times)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Recirc valve popped off - anyone else had this?
« on: 20 October 2014, 19:47 »
I have the forge 007p, and today I took my car out for a drive and noticed that it was a lot louder than normal, after quick inspection I noticed it had completely blown itself out of the tip, I'm sure that the clip holding it in was pretty tight, but I can't be 100 percent sure. I'm running a k03 on an aggressive stage 2 r tech map so it might be over boosting also I'm running the green spring on the 007p (seemed the most responsive - but it was also  very hot when I checked so I might need to change it to a stronger one?)

Thanks, Mo

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
Re: Recirc valve popped off - anyone else had this?
« Reply #1 on: 20 October 2014, 20:03 »
make sure the clip is tight.  :laugh: it shouldnt pop off.
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2014, 20:37 »
make sure the clip is tight.  :laugh: it shouldnt pop off.

Ha that's what I was thinking... I mean how much air is recirculated to the point where it actually blows out haha

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2014, 12:53 »
I'm running the green spring on the 007p

How much boost you running?
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2014, 14:02 »
No idea really, whatever the k03 could handle I think, I'm on 190 to 198 bhp if that helps you tell how much I might be on

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2014, 13:07 »
probably around 1 BAR, is it a K03 or a K03s because a stage 2 I would think is a K03s but around the 190-200BHP is a stage 1 K03
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2014, 21:19 »
It's a k03  :sad:
I remapped it before I knew much about these cars, only to find it had the smaller turbo. To add to that, all the mods on it were done before I bought the car which is annoying  because they spent all the money in places that don't harness much power
And it's stage 2 because it's got a decat, fmic, pipercross filter and the forge 007p.

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 October 2014, 13:11 »
ah ok, stage 2 refers to the map on it.

With all those mods and the FMIC, just get a K03s on it and get it mapped  :evil:

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 24 October 2014, 17:02 »
I wish i could haha, its just the money required to be honest, i think if i do upgrade to a k03s ill get the oversized tip, maf  and change the injectors too, because they max out at about 220 (i think)

Offline Scott D

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 October 2014, 17:05 »
240-250 with those mods and a turbo with strong actuator :)
2003 1.8T GTI 180 - APR Stage I, S2000 Filter, R-Tech Supersize TIP, Bilstein B12 Suspension, 18" OZ Superleggera, Recaro Heated Leathers, US Spec Rear Lights, N249/SAI/PCV Delete

1.8T AUQ - 241bhp & 286 ft-lb
R-Tech Map, Forge FMIC, SFS Oversized TIP, Ported Manifold, Milltek Turboback non res exhaust, Forge 007p, N249 & N112 delete, SAI delete, S2000 Air Filter, Sachs clutch & Lightweight Flywheel