Author Topic: spongy brakes after a bit of heavy braking  (Read 652 times)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
spongy brakes after a bit of heavy braking
« on: 16 October 2014, 01:37 »
Hi, I took my car out for a spin last night to put it through its paces (haven't driven it in a while) and everything was fine, but today I took it out for a trip down to the shops and I noticed that the brakes are now very spongy, and it feels like I really have to press it in order to stop.

Could something have happened during the drive last night to cause this? (At one point on the drive the brakes over heated from heavy braking - but I can't see how this can affect it that much... )

All answers are appreciated.
Thanks, Mo

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Re: spongy brakes after a bit of heavy braking
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2014, 12:28 »
Yeah if you have been caning it you might have a little glaze on the disks, it'll be fine if you run it a little longer unless you have warped a disk
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Re: spongy brakes after a bit of heavy braking
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2014, 12:56 »
Thanks haha, I think that's probably what happened, i'll inspect the discs in a bit to see if they look alright.