Author Topic: Just bought a gti 150  (Read 1698 times)

Offline pauleep

• Just got here
Just bought a gti 150
« on: 28 September 2014, 12:57 »
Jus got a gti, have some minor issues. Mainly the locks don't work properly will ones from scrappies work ok?

Dash computer is very dim, is there a fix for this?

Anything else I should be worried about?

Cheers

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Just bought a gti 150
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2014, 17:39 »
A dim display is generally a sign of the pixels dying which is quite common on the mk4 and basically requires replacement clocks. Mine were the same when warm on my PD130.

Lock issues another common issue on these and might due to a broken solder joint in the CCM (comfort control module)
« Last Edit: 28 September 2014, 17:42 by thai-wronghorse »

Offline pauleep

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2014, 22:44 »
Thanks,  I'd figured as much with the dash and found some on ebay.
Will the locks be a straight fit or do I have to reprogram?  Passenger side is completely knackered but the rears won't open with the key fob
Cheers

Offline fosta-gti

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2014, 10:21 »
Hi I've also just bought a gti 150..
I was going to have a terraclean done on it but then some one mentioned for me to try tec2000 could some one please tell me if this is any good?

Offline Tezmax

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2014, 19:23 »
Hi I've also just bought a gti 150..
I was going to have a terraclean done on it but then some one mentioned for me to try tec2000 could some one please tell me if this is any good?

What you meant to say is "sorry for hijacking your thread Pauleep" and then start your own thread for a better responce :wink:

1.8t Aum. forge 007p. 17" bbs. R-tech stage 1 map.205/235. catch can.

Offline Oops gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2014, 19:57 »
Hi and welcome to the mk4 world. The locks from a scrappy will be good it's the clocks that will need to be coded it's something to do with the immobiliser, it's inexpensive and you can do it your self with a vag reader I think. You can pick one of these up on amazon for about £20. Enjoy.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2014, 21:13 »
Nope you need more than a reader to code clocks in. You'll need a genuine copy of VAG COM if they are immo3 and also VAG TACHO

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Macone

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 16 October 2014, 22:26 »
Iv just squired gti 150 digi display was just glowing red simple fix take clocks out strip back off clocks remove metal clip holding led screen on remove screen and rubber strip clean and replace took half hour and fixed readout and nice and bright hope this helps regard

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2014, 08:33 »
I wasn't aware you could just whip the display out and thought they had to be desoldered. Lost pixels and half light up displays are a common problem on mk4's it would seem though so just cleaning it may not work in a lot of instances.

Offline Macone

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2014, 09:13 »
It may not work in all instances I'm just telling ppl of my instance but for the sake of 30 to 45 mins work and so easy to do it could save you a wedge of money has I say my display had just got nothing showing at all just a bright red line on the right of the panel no soldering work at all just clip it off clean and clip it back on also there's for the want of a better word a conductive piece of rubber strip mine seemed to be coated in a small amount of fluid cleaned it and hey presto got a read out now regards