Author Topic: First ever Golf GTI and lease  (Read 7109 times)

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
Re: First ever Golf GTI and lease
« Reply #40 on: 07 March 2019, 12:39 »
The car was sold to me as the MY19 spec so this is what I expected and what my criteria was all along, happy to wait for something else as I don't want to pay for a car which I would not be happy to keep.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 07 March 2019, 12:41 »
Fair enough. Although you can't keep a lease car! (well you technically sometimes can but not straight forward..)
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 07 March 2019, 12:42 »
Meant to say keep for 24 months ;)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 07 March 2019, 12:45 »
Guess depends how much you want a Golf and how good the deal is!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #44 on: 07 March 2019, 12:48 »
Still would love a Golf GTI or even an R but not willing to compromise with the specification so going to cancel the order, ask for a refund and wait for this whole WLTP mess to disappear and will look at my options then to see how much a factory order would cost me etc.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 07 March 2019, 13:05 »
I'd be quite pleased to not have keyless entry. I had lane assist on my Octavia and found it so annoying i turned it off. Shame about the rear camera though.
7.5 GTD

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 07 March 2019, 13:08 »
I'd be quite pleased to not have keyless entry. I had lane assist on my Octavia and found it so annoying i turned it off. Shame about the rear camera though.

The rear view camera was the make or break it deal, numerous emails where sent to the leasing company asking for confirmation of this and what do I do if the car arrives without it etc.

It is a shame but I am patient enough to wait for other in-stock deals for new MY19 cars which meet the spec I am after.

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #47 on: 09 March 2019, 10:37 »
Well this is an interesting journey.... it looks like the Golf GTI 245 which I should of had on March 13th was the older model with no reversing camera, lane assist, keyless entry so after cancelling the order due to their mistake they have found me another deal.

5 Door VW Golf R (2019 spec delivery for April)
6 + 23
£345 a month

So after all this it looks like I may be getting a Golf R