Author Topic: First ever Golf GTI and lease  (Read 7165 times)

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
Re: First ever Golf GTI and lease
« Reply #30 on: 25 February 2019, 08:16 »
I had to wait an eternity for my car because of the WLTP mess, so I wrote to the UK MD for a whinge and was passed to the Executive Office where a very nice lady couldn’t have been more helpful if she tried.
I did have a query on the spec. I ordered as the GTI was removed from the configurator - she confirmed in writing exactly the spec when I gave her the VW factory order number.
When the car arrived it was spot on.
I’d call VW customer services on 0800 083 3914 if you have a concern.

Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated, because it's through a leasing company I don't have any VW order number to go on and also because I originally wanted a 5 door and that didn't go through they sourced me a 3 door but no clue if it's brand new, in stock but brand new or still being built hence my concern.

Will see what the leasing company comes back with today.

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 25 February 2019, 10:13 »
Just got confirmation that the 3 door golf gti comes as standard with the reversing camera so it's safe to assume it will come with all the rest.

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 26 February 2019, 20:09 »
Got some potentially disappointing news, despite passing the credit checks with flying colours, signing the credit agreement and all of the other paperwork, paid the deposit and being approved for finance they have come back and asked for 3 months bank statements which has completely thrown me.

Queried the leasing company as to how/why this can happen and they where totally confused as according to their records I was accepted for finance right away and no further checks where needed.

The only thing I can think of is because the white 5 door GTI got sold without me knowing, when they sourced me another car at the same price maybe the finance company did a second credit/affordability check which then got flagged up.

The finance agreement is with the same company for the same amount, the same term so 6 + 23 just the car has changed nothing else.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 27 February 2019, 13:23 »
3 months of bank statements can be quite standard for leasing. My old company had to jump through hoops with lots of their lease cars including directors guarantees.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 27 February 2019, 13:45 »
Went with lease comparison as they had some in stock and very good customer service reviews

That's who I got my current GTI with. Goes back in October tho.

Regarding the bank statements they asked for the same thing from me. We placed our order in August and car arrived in October.

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 27 February 2019, 22:13 »
Got some more info from the leasing company, because the first order didn't go through they put through another order which meant the finance company thought I was trying to get finance on 2 cars.

Leasing comparison explained this but they said they wanted bank statements anyway.

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 07 March 2019, 07:45 »
Lease all finally approved now just waiting for the confirmation of delivery which is expected sometime in March :D

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 07 March 2019, 08:50 »
Fantastic!  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 07 March 2019, 11:52 »
GUTTED!!!

The car is pre WLTP with no rear camera, no lane assist, no keyless entry and a brand new model VW are asking £500 a month for which is absolutely crazy

Lease Comparison are going to ask about getting my deposit back so looks like I may have to choose an alternative manufacturer

To cap it off I could of got the car on the 13th which is when I am off on holiday

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 07 March 2019, 12:13 »
I wouldn't be put off. The standard car is well spec'd anyway and it's a great car without the extra 2019 stuff.
NOW - 330e M Sport