Author Topic: Interior Heater Matrix Replacement  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Slipuk67

• Just got here
Interior Heater Matrix Replacement
« on: 26 September 2023, 12:16 »
Hi, my daughter has a Mk3 VW Golf that needs the interior heater matrix replaced as it knackered. She has just become separated from her MECHANIC boyfriend who kept saying he would do it, blah blah blah, you get the picture. Anyway, she has asked every garage in the area and no one is interested in taking the job on because it is 'uneconomical' when offsetting the cost against the value of the car, so, in a nutshell, she is looking for someone in South East Kent area who might wanna take on the job of taking the dash out and fitting a replacement heater matrix, which she will supply. She is happy to pay, providing it doesn't cost stupid money.  :grin:
« Last Edit: 01 October 2023, 16:37 by Slipuk67 »

Offline hardmonkeys

• I live here
Re: Interior Heater Matrix Replacement
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2023, 15:55 »
I hate the ‘it’s not worth the value of the car…’ comments!! Who cares what it’s worth, if a job is needing doing and the owner is happy to pay, then what does it matter what it’s worth!! :angry:

I’ve had the dash of my mk3 out loads of times, it doesn’t take that long!  Can you do it? with the help of a Haynes manual? Get her to help, and you both learn something about the car, and she can give a big F You to the ex!
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk