Author Topic: hellloo diy remap!  (Read 21622 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: hellloo diy remap!
« Reply #10 on: 16 October 2010, 19:30 »
I cant see much of a problem apart from fuc*ing the ecu up by mapping it to many times.
Also if ur not happy with the mapp after its done u can put the original back on!
for instance done my mates pug 306 hdi eventually got it right and was 150bhp but had to map it about 40 times to get it right!
i dont think id do it on anybodys car if i didnt kno them so mostly for my own use.

Can do much more damage than mess up the ecu.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #11 on: 16 October 2010, 19:31 »
I cant see much of a problem apart from fuc*ing the ecu up by mapping it to many times.

and theres the VERY reason not to do it  :rolleyes:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #12 on: 16 October 2010, 19:31 »
if its for yourself and you dont care then whats the problem just do it.. people only get good at stuff by practice.. im sure nick @ rtech mapped his own cars many times before mapping members of the public.. and if people told him no then we wouldnt have rtech would we..

If you break stuff thats your choice chances are something will f**k up with DIY mapping but if your willing to take the risk the go for it !!
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline munks

• Not said much yet
  • Hey everybody come see how good i look!
« Reply #13 on: 16 October 2010, 19:34 »
i will hopefully do it one day when i find a good proven mapp, if i can get my hands on a tried and tested mapp then there would be no problem atall.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #14 on: 16 October 2010, 19:40 »
thing is mate no offense but no one will give you one of they're tried and tested maps lol
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2010, 19:48 »
GOOD BYE ENGINE !!!
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #16 on: 16 October 2010, 21:48 »
Any one can buy a flash tool find a supply of maps and flash a file to an ecu, (my 10 year old daughter has done it a few times.) once they flash a file and the car starts this brand themself as TUNERS but as soon as a flash goes worng and a car wont start and there remapping tools wont recover the ecu.. what next??   There are a handful of tuners in the Uk who have not jumped on the remap flash badwagon and who have chip tuning skills, who are fixing many fecked ecu from these so called tuners,  I have never killed one ecu in 12 years, and not one car did not go away as a non running.   A true Tuner will have the skills to produce a map from scratch, edit a map to make the most of the mods on a car, they should know the limits of the car and the mapping, and be 100% confident in what they are doing and if a ecu fecks up they have the skill to fix it there and then.  Thats why I have 100% good feedback.   Thats why most people come me for a remap, they know they get a job done right, the car will start.  You see new tuners crop up, with no skills, no mechanical background not understanding on how to tune cams, carbs or dizzy car,, just read on google you will see them come and go within 12months.

As for the first post and remapping with a KWP2000 tool then yes is will do the me7 512k and 1mb ecus with easy, I know the guy well who produced the genuine kwp2000 before it go cloned to feck, He even produced an add one for the kwp2000 which alsos to read and write the me7 1.8t ecus. If I was you and your car is a 1.8T I would go for it, write a map , if it goes wrong you can always send me the ecu to fix.  You can send me your read file and I will write you a basic stage 1 remap unique to you.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #17 on: 16 October 2010, 21:57 »
And just to add:

You can write a 1.8T me7.5 remap with a vagcom lead and a free software download :rolleyes:  It works really well but it wont recover a bad flash,, which mean you have to send the ecu to me if your laptop fails to write the full file.

The leads this software works on are:
 eBay USB VAG KKL using the FTDI D2XX standard driver
-Ross-Tech HEX-KEY-CAN using the Ross-Tech FTDI D2XX driver ("boot in intelligent mode" must be unchecked in the VCDS options screen)
Any dumb OBDII cable using the FTDI USB chip

PM me for the software link, and if you want a basic map file for your car just email me your read, dont expect to have an R-Tech remap, as all of our new version gen4 and 5 maps are locked and 100% unique to us.  But I am willing to do a diy tuner a basic 30bhp/30lbft map to get them on there way.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline GOLF_STU

• I live here
  • THE_GIT
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2010, 22:15 »
And just to add:

You can write a 1.8T me7.5 remap with a vagcom lead and a free software download :rolleyes:  It works really well but it wont recover a bad flash,, which mean you have to send the ecu to me if your laptop fails to write the full file.

The leads this software works on are:
 eBay USB VAG KKL using the FTDI D2XX standard driver
-Ross-Tech HEX-KEY-CAN using the Ross-Tech FTDI D2XX driver ("boot in intelligent mode" must be unchecked in the VCDS options screen)
Any dumb OBDII cable using the FTDI USB chip

PM me for the software link, and if you want a basic map file for your car just email me your read, dont expect to have an R-Tech remap, as all of our new version gen4 and 5 maps are locked and 100% unique to us.  But I am willing to do a diy tuner a basic 30bhp/30lbft map to get them on there way.

doubt you'd get a better offer ya cant say fairer than that  :smiley:

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2010, 22:22 »
Jeez that's really nice of you mate to get him started, I would've thought most people wouldn't do what your offering.

Top man :afro:
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi