Author Topic: Remapping without dyno  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Eighteen88

• Not said much yet
Re: Remapping without dyno
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2020, 13:17 »
personally i would always go for a dyno remap with a custom map for the individual vehicle, nicky at RTech would be my first port of call for this

Yeah heard great thing about the guys at R-Tech unfortunately a wee bit of a trek for me.
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 26 September 2020, 14:27 »
Thanks for the advice guys. Going to go with the custom map with RR. The same company mapped my cupra R and I loved that car once it was done.

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2020, 14:55 »
personally i would always go for a dyno remap with a custom map for the individual vehicle, nicky at RTech would be my first port of call for this

Yeah heard great thing about the guys at R-Tech unfortunately a wee bit of a trek for me.

its a 4hr drive each way for me but i wouldnt go anywhere else for a GTi
Mk6 Gti - current daily
Mk3 16v Anni - retired daily now parked on 200,300 miles

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 28 September 2020, 13:04 »

its a 4hr drive each way for me but i wouldnt go anywhere else for a GTi

8hr drive for me to get there but way less on route back  :grin I’ve been a few times now

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 29 September 2020, 03:10 »
wow thats a long journey :laugh:just goes to show how good they are really
Mk6 Gti - current daily

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 29 September 2020, 21:05 »
Got the car mapped today. Upto 300bhp 420nm and its an animal. Will take some getting use to the extra power because it feels so much faster. No lag just straight up pull an grunt

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 30 September 2020, 00:26 »
nice! where did you get it done?
Mk6 Gti - current daily

Offline Ashp18

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 30 September 2020, 09:10 »
Eco performance. Local place near me. 5 star reviews of everyone that goes there so was an easy decision. I think in D mode it seems to be holding the high gears abit longer than it was so im in 6th at 30mph 5th at 25mph ect so im not sure if the dsg needs mapping to sort that out or is that just the way the box is?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 30 September 2020, 13:24 »
Eco performance. Local place near me. 5 star reviews of everyone that goes there so was an easy decision. I think in D mode it seems to be holding the high gears abit longer than it was so im in 6th at 30mph 5th at 25mph ect so im not sure if the dsg needs mapping to sort that out or is that just the way the box is?

This is why I’d have went to r-tech as Nicky can map the dsg to suit the map  :wink:

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 01 October 2020, 02:02 »

ahhh im manual mate no idea! didnt even realise you can map the DSG lol :shocked:
Mk6 Gti - current daily