Author Topic: S3 seats - original fault is back  (Read 2405 times)

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
S3 seats - original fault is back
« on: 14 January 2015, 15:49 »
So yea, had my S3 seats in for over a year now, just had it MOT'd today and it failed because the airbag warning light is on, which is sh!t as it passed last year but the law changed in March, so I'm screwed.

Anyone know how to wire it up correctly/where to get a loom from?

Cheers
« Last Edit: 25 January 2015, 19:40 by scarr89 »

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: S3 seats - Need loom or help with airbag wiring
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2015, 15:56 »
Failing that can anyone recommend/know a place in and around Lincolnshire that could supply the loom/fit it?

Cheers

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2015, 19:16 »
have you still got your old seats, I just done mine and all I did was cut the 3 wires and solder them back with plug from my old seats  :smiley:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2015, 22:15 »
Does this help? It's for a Leon but might be the same colours...

Loom Brown to Airbag Brown
Loom Blue to Airbag Blue
Loom White to Airbag Black

Drivers side;

Loom brown to airbag brown
Loom white to airbag blue
Loom green to airback black

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2015, 02:17 »
have you still got your old seats, I just done mine and all I did was cut the 3 wires and solder them back with plug from my old seats  :smiley:

Unfortunately I do not...Looks like I may need to get some second hand adaptors.

Failing that I guess I could always just cut the plug from the seats and splice them together with the colours that Wazzer suggested.

barry, do you know if the colours matched, ie blue pin from mk4 plug to blue wire for S3 seats?

THanks guys

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2015, 13:47 »
Very stumpted here...I checked underneath and it was all wired as you guys sugggested but still a light. I went into the Airbag module on VAGCOM and cleared the code then poof, it was gone!?

The garage said that they tried doing this though to no avail... :undecided:

So, problem solved...Now all I need to do it buy a new cluster to replace the one I kind of ruined as a back up plan  :lipsrsealed: :undecided:

Offline LR5V

• GTI forum regular
Re: S3 seats - think I got it sorted
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2015, 23:06 »
You must have the wiring correct.
This is a safety fault, it will not clear its self until you use vagcom & the problem has been fixed.

The way I read your post, the test station were trying to re-set the fault before you had the wiring in place
-so the fault wouldn't clear.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #7 on: 16 January 2015, 13:30 »
or the garaged didn't have the proper equipment to reset it, I think it's a VAG COM only job...

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #8 on: 16 January 2015, 13:43 »
or the garaged didn't have the proper equipment to reset it, I think it's a VAG COM only job...
You must have the wiring correct.
This is a safety fault, it will not clear its self until you use vagcom & the problem has been fixed.

The way I read your post, the test station were trying to re-set the fault before you had the wiring in place
-so the fault wouldn't clear.

Interesting. Well, now there is no light OR written warning coming up on the dash, so I guess it is all good.

Interesting how it is only a VAGCOM job, and not just any code reader? Would this be because it is for the airbags and therefore would need to be done 'correctly'?

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #9 on: 16 January 2015, 17:16 »
Does the light illuminate for a second when the ignition is turned on?

I would guess it's a VAG only job as it's a safety feature...