Author Topic: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?  (Read 102341 times)

Offline ScottA

• I live here
Re: Anything else worthwhile coding with VAG.com on a MkVI?
« Reply #100 on: 05 March 2012, 08:40 »
Do you guys know what needs to be coded when upgrading from RCD510 to RNS510 ? I have Dynaudio too if that makes a difference!
I followed MontyGT140 post on this thread link below when i did it. Worked for me.
You may have to do a reset of the RNS510 afterwards if you get any errors for it to accept the coding.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=152441.0

Sorry, didn't see this. Thanks. I managed to get it coded up.  :grin:

Offline jonesltd

• I live here
  • MK7 R
« Reply #101 on: 24 January 2013, 15:11 »
Is there a guide on how to use vag.com to:

Make car beep when it locks
If windows are down when car is off they go up when locked?
Get rid of the kph and perhaps have jut the speed in the middle or change it with temp?
If you cant find it......Grind it

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #102 on: 31 January 2013, 14:38 »
Is there a guide on how to use vag.com to:

Well if you have VCDS your should have the manual or you can download it. We also have a 76 sheet Printable Manual that you can download at the bottom. You can also download and install the lastest version.

I'm not sure you can get rid of the kph display as UK cars have to show both version, but because the scale on the speedo is mph its not dual marked they have to show kph in the MFD.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #103 on: 04 February 2013, 09:44 »
You can get rid of the KPH and replace it with the temperature on every screen by selecting "Rest of the World"

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline andygo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #104 on: 09 July 2013, 09:51 »
Nobody has mentioned altering the diff settings. I've set mine to high and it makes quite a bit of difference,

abs module>adaptation>scroll to channel 36 select from Ave =0, low=1, high=2.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #105 on: 14 June 2014, 13:59 »
For those that has activated the big speedo, is it on a new page on the DIS? i.e. scrolling using the <> buttons you see, Audio - MFD - Bluetooth - Navigation - Settings - Speedo?

It would be nice to have for the novelty factor, but I don't want to see it all the time and need to keep the kph for going to France.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #106 on: 14 June 2014, 16:29 »
Hmmm, I can't seem to get the big speedo to work on mine, but I did find a couple more features that I've added.

1. Turn off the halogen DRL when indicating (like a Mk7)
2. Turn on both front fog/cornering lights when reverse is selected (My Passat does this as standard)
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Stevie35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #107 on: 02 July 2014, 19:15 »
For those that has activated the big speedo, is it on a new page on the DIS? i.e. scrolling using the <> buttons you see, Audio - MFD - Bluetooth - Navigation - Settings - Speedo?

It would be nice to have for the novelty factor, but I don't want to see it all the time and need to keep the kph for going to France.

When u change the settings to rest of world via vcds you then have the option to have a digital speed in the display which is the big mph. You can also turn on and off the alt speed display which is the small kph speed above the mileage, when this is off it displays the temperature.
Edition 35 3dr, Steel Grey, Manual, Sat Nav

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #108 on: 08 July 2014, 12:51 »
All sorted now thank you. I did it a few days ago and mentioned it in another thread, but forgot that I'd posted in this one too.