Author Topic: New reply hinderance  (Read 1794 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
New reply hinderance
« on: 22 October 2010, 19:36 »
Right before it gets mentioned i will add that i have already tried the search function to no avail...

basically can somebody please tell me how to stop topics reappearing on my 'new replies' page eg. ones that i no longer have any interest or need to read about any further as they're continually clogging my page up.
Ive Already unchecked all the notifications on my profile but this hasn't made any noticeable difference. cheers

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: New reply hinderance
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2010, 22:59 »
How do you know you have no further interest in the thread if you don't read peoples replies ? :wink:

I don't think there is a preference that stops threads you've posted in from being in your new replies as that's the funtion of it. What you could do is read the ones you want and for the others you don't want to look at select the "mark all messags as read". However, this will not stop the thread appearing there again when someone replies.
......now officially dubless.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2010, 08:00 »
Hmm, i will add that this predominently applies to the non-VW and less important threads topics posted on the site eg. 'What have you done to your Golf today?'...'Last person to post thread'...'post a picture of a skag whore sitting on your dub' etc etc if you catch my drift.

But yeah that's how i already clear them, cheers
« Last Edit: 24 October 2010, 08:02 by thai-wronghorse »

Offline Ben Lessani

• I live here
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2010, 00:28 »
You can't, there is a plugin for it - but last time I asked for it, this version of SMF doesn't support it