Author Topic: does my claim in a car carry over to a motorbike policy ?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
  • Just like a golf ......
Basicaly i have had a claim on my car insurance and want to renew my bike insurance , 

had a fault claim on my CAR , so when getting a quote on my motorbike do i need to declaire this claim as its in a car not a bike just confused

and i presume my NCD on my bike will still be valid as i lost my car NCD ?
thanks .
« Last Edit: 16 January 2013, 21:17 by spudboy6 »

Offline jdubgti

• Here all the time
Re: does my claim in a car carry over to a motorbike policy ?
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2013, 03:06 »
Yes you do, but it shouldn't really affect it as its on another risk !
You must declare anything for last 5Yrs, or face possible cancellation !

Offline jonnyb

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2013, 06:22 »
I recently had my motorbike stolen, and was worried that this claim would affect my car insurance.  So i rang my insurance company (car) and they confirmed that its nothing to do with them, and they wouldnt change my policy cost.

I understand that this is the opposite to what you're asking, but im guessing each company will have their own rules, always best to declare though. :(

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2013, 22:23 »
Usually bike and car insurances are treated separately, except for convictions and points.

So any NCB on your car won't effect your bike premium and vice versa, same apply's to accidents. Many good comparison sites, like Lexham have a separate column for car NCB's for your bike policy as some insurers will discount your bike policy by seeing your a careful car driver... but this is not common as bikes carry a higher risk.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline piggy

• Here all the time
  • What you lookin' at sonny?
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2013, 17:26 »
If you have had any accident or claim on either then you must inform both insurance companies.
Its the typical one of heads they win tails you lose, as you cant carry over no claims from either but they can load your insurance if you have a claim on the other vehicle! :angry: