Author Topic: GTI/GTD Order Date vs. Build Week Analysis  (Read 23702 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
GTI/GTD Order Date vs. Build Week Analysis
« on: 22 May 2013, 16:07 »
Hi Guys,

Please follow the below link to a form you can fill in with your order details.  Don't worry there is nothing personal asked for on the form.  This should help us put some stats together to understand what might be causing the delays in some/all orders.  I may post some graphs as a result of this but I won't post any specific details such as names/dates/order numbers.  I don't believe this information is sensitive but I won't post it anyway.  Giving a unique nickname is important to ensure there are not duplicates, and giving as much detail on dates and numbers is helpful, but don't feel you have to!

http://billthebear.wufoo.com/forms/mk7-gtigtd-order-analysis/

Some initial analysis.  Looking at the order numbers, with a couple of odd exceptions (and I also corrected what appeared to be some typos, its not 2012 any more guys!), there is a correlation between when you order and the number you get.

However, there is no correlation between the order you get and your estimated BW!

Thanks to those who provided the entire order number.  This is very helpful and soon I should be able to compare order number to website status and see if there is a correlation there.

I am aware much of this info has been posted in threads and one of the stickys, but we're having a hard time keeping track of it so this would help a lot.

UPDATE: I noticed one or two of you have gone back and filled the form in again with more data.  This is good!  As long as you use the same nickname you can do this and I can see that additional information has been added, rather than a duplicate entry.

Bear.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2013, 10:47 by Bill_the_Bear »

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
Re: GTI/GTD Order Date vs. Build Week Analysis
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2013, 16:35 »
Done!

Nice work dude.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2013, 16:37 »
Ok I guess people are happy as they're filling it in already.  I'll remove the request for feedback!  :tongue:

Hopefully when enough of us have entered details we'll see some patterns emerge.  I'll update the original post when that happens.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2013, 16:45 »
Done. Looks good Bear.

(might want to check the spelling of Adaptive (for ACC) on the form)  :grin:

Also, although you have only asked for 4 numbers minimum of the o/n, it won't let you do that and doesn't allow 1234xxxx for instance - so I just put down my full order number - between you and me eh ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2013, 16:48 »
Done. Looks good Bear.

(might want to check the spelling of Adaptive (for ACC) on the form)  :grin:

Also, although you have only asked for 4 numbers minimum of the o/n, it won't let you do that and doesn't allow 1234xxxx for instance - so I just put down my full order number - between you and me eh ?

Yeah, I have problems with speelings.  My bad on the order number.  I thought it would allow xxxx.  Anyone who doesn't want to give their full number (which I won't pass on if you do) please just use for example 22220000, with 0000 in place of the digits you are leaving out.  Need to see at least the first 4 though, preferable the whole number.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2013, 16:51 »
I'm in
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2013, 16:52 »
Woz only kidin Bear, honistely, my spellins also shoking  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2013, 16:53 »
Yeah! Nice work Bear... Can't wait for the results although I thought you'd have the results up by now, judging by the speed at which you work  :grin:
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2013, 17:06 »
Done! Excellent work as always Bear, I look forward to the results!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2013, 17:21 »
Unable to complete as you don't list Carbon Grey in the Colours!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013