Author Topic: Am I the next victim?  (Read 29074 times)

Offline Hartside

• I live here
Re: Am I the next victim?
« Reply #90 on: 19 December 2013, 16:54 »
Logged my concerns with VWCS by email about two weeks ago and got a call off them today. They asked if there was an issue with the chain at the moment to which I replied only that there was no noise but a huge concern it would fail as a result of the tensioner issue. I had asked if they would change the tensioner and guides as a precaution but they said they would not do this unless I wanted to pay for a diagnostic and it showed a problem, which at the moment it wouldn't. Best I got was that my concerns over a failure are logged with a case reference number for the future. Really disappointing approach to this problem from VW.
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 19 December 2013, 18:37 »
Thats only 52 miles from me. I'll see how my sons car pans out and maybe take a ride over there to sort mine..

52 miles for great customer service and most of all great knowledge seems worth every pennie nower days. I will report back in January to confirm my initial thoughts of this garage.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #92 on: 19 December 2013, 18:56 »
Lets hope it lasts until then  :lipsrsealed:
exactly I think your insane for even thinking of starting it again never mind using it.
« Last Edit: 19 December 2013, 19:14 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 19 December 2013, 19:33 »
daily driver mate, and unfortunately its the only car i have and need it for work. Im not Mr 5 cars like someone i know  :tongue:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #94 on: 19 December 2013, 19:58 »
Surely VW giving you a courtesy car is going to be cheaper than replacing your engine.....

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 19 December 2013, 21:14 »
Surely VW giving you a courtesy car is going to be cheaper than replacing your engine.....

£10 a day as i only have 3rd party on other vehicles. and its 17 days away - cant afford £170 on a punt.

Fingers crossed it will make it - all say a prayer for me please  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #96 on: 19 December 2013, 23:05 »
Who said YOU should be paying for it.........

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 20 December 2013, 10:31 »
Logged my concerns with VWCS by email about two weeks ago and got a call off them today. They asked if there was an issue with the chain at the moment to which I replied only that there was no noise but a huge concern it would fail as a result of the tensioner issue. I had asked if they would change the tensioner and guides as a precaution but they said they would not do this unless I wanted to pay for a diagnostic and it showed a problem, which at the moment it wouldn't. Best I got was that my concerns over a failure are logged with a case reference number for the future. Really disappointing approach to this problem from VW.

Thats pretty much what happened with me, then a few weeks later I now need a new engine!
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline nige smith

• Not said much yet
« Reply #98 on: 20 December 2013, 13:46 »
Here is my reply from "one rung" up on the VW customer services food chain! I might add, that my reply which prompted this response wasn't overly complimentary!

From...Volkswagen UK Customer ServicesSubject:VW-2013/12-007558

Dear Mr Smith,

Further to your recent contact with us, I wanted to let you know that we are now dealing with the issues you raise as a matter
of urgency.

I'm extremely concerned that you have been inconvenienced and are dissatisfied with the service you have received.

In order for me to investigate your concerns fully, I do however, need some further information. I would be grateful if you
could provide me with a daytime contact telephone number or e-mail address so that we may establish all the relevant details.

I look forward to hearing from you and to resolving this matter quickly to your satisfaction. Once again, thank you for
contacting Volkswagen UK.

Kind regards

Adrian Morgan
Customer Relations Manager
Volkswagen Customer Services Centre

Tel: 0800 083 3914
E-mail: customerservices@volkswagen.co.uk
Internet: www.volkswagen.co.uk

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 20 December 2013, 14:36 »
What did your reply in a roundabout sort of way Nige?

I might get in touch with them as well as I have now been without a car for over 2 weeks :angry:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!