Author Topic: Perplexing Lock\light problem  (Read 1526 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Perplexing Lock\light problem
« Reply #10 on: 18 November 2007, 18:45 »
Mine locks work fine but the passenger red door light and the interior light dont come on.  :rolleyes: I take its the micro switch . If i buy a new lock mec are the new ones better quality? For £70 plus the labour its worth getting a new one me thinks.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 18 November 2007, 19:06 »
Just looked on euro car parts and its £75.68 and two hours labour is about £80.

Ill have to get that sorted then...
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2007, 19:31 »
Rhyso, ive just had a thought....

If it is the lock mechanism then why does the lock button on the blipper do nothing at all?  It doesnt even lock the other three doors as Id expect it to if it was just one of the doors lock beefed...

Just a thought mate....
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2007, 22:02 »
The problem is is that the switch that tells the convienience module (which controls the central locking) whether the door is open or not appears to be stuck and is permanantly telling it that the door is open.  Your car has more sense than to lock itself with the drivers door open and will ignore that command from the key.  The fact that the car responds in some way when you press the unlock button means that the key is correctly coded to the car.

Similar issues can happen with the infamous rear wash wipe pipe splitting and drowning the micro swith in the boot which can mean the alarm going off randomly, the boot not locking / alarm not arming etc etc.  PITA..........  I'm not saying this is your problem here at all, its just another common mk4 problem......
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 19 November 2007, 20:16 »
Ah right ok mate im with you now, it makes sense about the not locking when it thinks the doors opened.

Cheers for all your input lads

Lee
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop