Author Topic: Noticeable differences?  (Read 20804 times)

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
Re: Noticeable differences?
« Reply #70 on: 03 December 2014, 14:42 »
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately today i noticed whilst in auto mode there are no lights on at all! How annoying, so will definitely be taking all that in to him tomorrow so thanks again.

On a side note, took it to VW today with a rattle in lower revs, turns out some clip in the turbos loose or something so that's getting fixed tomorrow as well... Ahhh nearly there...

Thanks again.
2011 3dr Mk6 GTI in CSG - Manual - RNS510/Bluetooth - Winter Pack - Optical Parking Assist - 18'' BBS SR Satin Grey - Few other bits' n bobs

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #71 on: 03 December 2014, 18:43 »
Good luck with the error bulb...if you can post the long code for thr CECM byte 18 should be 04 me thinks.

I obtained these codes from VW Vortex and it seems to have worked for a few people:
MJ2009 with BCM (03xx software)
Encoding   VCDS Byte 18 = 04
Lights go out at the tailgate opens                         NO
Error message MFA   Rear fog lamp with Resistance: No
Problem with front parking light (weak light)                 NO
LED tailgate light up more when braking                 YES

MJ2010 with BCM from KW22/2009 (Software 0537, 0541)
Encoding                               Halogen VCDS Byte 18 = 15                                 Xenon VCDS Byte 18 = 43
Lights go out at the tailgate opens           NO                                                      Update on 0575 / 6 *
Error message MFA                                   NO                                                      Update on 0575 / 6 *
Problem with front parking light (weak light)   NO   Update on 0575 / 6 *
LED tailgate light up more when braking   NO   Update on 0575 / 6 *

With MJ2010 / BCM 2011 from KW45/2009 (0573 & 0575 Software / 0576)
Encoding                                    Halogen VCDS Byte 18 = 15                   Xenon VCDS Byte 18 = 43
Lights go out at the tailgate opens          YES                                                             YES
Error message MFA                                   NO                                                              NO
Problem with front parking light (weak light)   NO                                                              NO
LED tailgate light up more when braking   NO                                                              NO
i use the code 15 in byte 18 with the older xenons without front leds only a side light. With rear LED lights from an R.
I tried 43 but the side light was about 50% brightness and I had a couple of issues with the light's not turning sometimes in auto mode. Dana at rosstec gave me technical support as I own a vcds cable. We found 15 worked for my cars spec.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2014, 18:46 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 03 December 2014, 21:30 »
Snoopy would you say that what coding works depends on what software the CECM is coded to? My lights work perfect but sometimes depending on how i switch them on i'll get the error. Ross tech reckoned it was the lights. Swapping them over the fault remained on the left hand side!
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #73 on: 04 December 2014, 13:29 »
Is it just me that has them working correctly?  :huh:
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #74 on: 04 December 2014, 15:49 »
If there's anyone here. How do you adjust brightness for DRLS?
2011 3dr Mk6 GTI in CSG - Manual - RNS510/Bluetooth - Winter Pack - Optical Parking Assist - 18'' BBS SR Satin Grey - Few other bits' n bobs

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 04 December 2014, 17:01 »
Nevermind all sorted!!  :grin:

Now xenons all work like factory... my nice new red footwell light has gone out... (didnt do drivers side yet).

Big shout out to vagtechnik in eccles though, super helpful friendly place!

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 04 December 2014, 22:08 »
Glad your all sorted now tim to enjoy  :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Adycakes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #77 on: 05 December 2014, 10:09 »

Now xenons all work like factory... my nice new red footwell light has gone out... (didnt do drivers side yet).

So as someone that has done a retrofit of Xenons, how difficult was it?

It's the next thing I'd like to do, but a little concerned about how difficult this is to pull off without a lot of hassle.

And if you don't mind me asking, where did you source your lights from?

Thanks,
Ady

Offline yabot

• Not said much yet
« Reply #78 on: 05 December 2014, 14:16 »

So as someone that has done a retrofit of Xenons, how difficult was it?

It's the next thing I'd like to do, but a little concerned about how difficult this is to pull off without a lot of hassle.

And if you don't mind me asking, where did you source your lights from?

Thanks,
Ady

Wasnt difficult per say, just 'fiddly'. Fiddliest bit for me anyway was getting the bloody grill off, after that it was all plain sailing. Easier if you keep all the screws in order (like i didnt), and where as some fully remove the bumper away from the car i didnt do that either, just removed some of the connectors in order to be able access some of the screws lower down.

Got them from Xenonz.co.uk. everyone thats seen them said they look good, and i can't fault the fitment they fit snug, however theres a gap between the back and the bodywork which is bugging me abit but not sure if thats normal (if someone could enlighten us on this? :D), other than that and some condensation which im ordering some silica gel packs for they work a treat.

Good luck!!

Offline vertex

• Not said much yet
« Reply #79 on: 07 February 2015, 17:34 »
Hi,

Can you shed some light on the coding? I've got the headlights from XENONZ but cannot get rid of the DRL warning light.

Thanks