Author Topic: Bluetooth - Microphone Problem  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Bluetooth - Microphone Problem
« on: 15 February 2015, 21:21 »
Hi

After a bit of help / advice please.

Following the theft of my RNS510 (http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272497.0) II removed the Bluetooth kit and refitted my RCD310 stereo which thankfully works OK and no wiring damage.

I thought I'd try and refit the Bluetooth to see if I can get it to work with my phone through the MDF.

I found some wires on the Bluetooth loom and microphone cable that had been pulled out so will need to rewire those if I can.

Everything works except the microphone so I'm assuming that it's just the microphone cable that's damaged or is it that the Bluetooth won't work with the head unit. Don't want to buy another microphone if it's a dead end.

The model of my Bluetooth unit is VW 5N0 035 730 D.

Cheers all.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2015, 20:45 by Buck »

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Bluetooth - Microphone Problem
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2015, 08:06 »
Looking at this the RCD310 does accept the microphone http://www.my-gti.com/1319/volkswagen-rcd-310-pin-assignments.

I think there is two ways to wire the microphone, one is to pass it through the head unit and the other is to bypass it straight into the Bluetooth module. There may be some coding required for one or the other. Does the button on the steering wheel just mute the radio? or does it activate the voice?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2015, 09:12 »
When I bought my bluetooth kit, I got one that had had two possible positions for the mic to plug in. One in to the radio and the other to the bt module.

My car originally had a RCD310, but I had an RCD510 in it when I fitted the bluetooth. That needed the mic wire plugged into the radio. When I fitted the RNS510 I didn't have to change anything. I don't have voice control either, as that might make a difference.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2015, 09:55 »
Looking at this the RCD310 does accept the microphone http://www.my-gti.com/1319/volkswagen-rcd-310-pin-assignments.

I think there is two ways to wire the microphone, one is to pass it through the head unit and the other is to bypass it straight into the Bluetooth module. There may be some coding required for one or the other. Does the button on the steering wheel just mute the radio? or does it activate the voice?

Thanks for the link. I'll take another look at it all tonight.

IIRC when I got the car the phone button would just mute. When I was checking it over the weekend it didn't mute it. I'll double check the wires from the Bluetooth unit are all connecting too.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2015, 09:58 »
When I bought my bluetooth kit, I got one that had had two possible positions for the mic to plug in. One in to the radio and the other to the bt module.

My car originally had a RCD310, but I had an RCD510 in it when I fitted the bluetooth. That needed the mic wire plugged into the radio. When I fitted the RNS510 I didn't have to change anything. I don't have voice control either, as that might make a difference.

Thanks. I'm going to take another look tonight and see if direct wiring Jean option.

I'll see how the Bluetooth loom runs the morning mic wiring too.

Thanks again.