Author Topic: do you guys use a chamois??????????  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
Re: do you guys use a chamois??????????
« Reply #10 on: 22 August 2008, 22:44 »
Thanks for the link rhyso, they aint cheap though, do you need to put them in the washing machine after every clean?
Fin

You can find them a couple of quid cheaper on ebay.

Not sure if you need to but I wash mine on a delicate quick wash with just a small bit of detergent and no fabric softener after each use.

So let me get this right SteveP you are now detailing your detailing product's do you wax your washing line and and have a 5 step process for polishing your peg's  :grin:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 22 August 2008, 22:51 »
as the boys have all said

no chamois needed for paintwork (i use my old one on my rims)
use a waffle weave of any description (megs/sonus or whatever)
ditch the water blade boney
wash your mitts, cloths and towels using a quick wash with no fabric softener

thinking about buying this http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=64&products_id=458

if you are sealing and waxing you shouldn't need to be drying that much anyway as it should bead off

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 22 August 2008, 22:51 »
Thanks for the link rhyso, they aint cheap though, do you need to put them in the washing machine after every clean?
Fin

Not sure if you need to but I wash mine on a delicate quick wash with just a small bit of detergent and no fabric softener after each use.

So let me get this right SteveP you are now detailing your detailing product's do you wax your washing line and and have a 5 step process for polishing your peg's  :grin:

oh sh!t... i do  :embarassed:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 22 August 2008, 22:54 »
Fin

It's a slipery slope this detailing lark, once you start you can't stop.

The misses has asked me to clean the kitchen while she's at work tomorrow but I prefer to look at it as detailing the kitchen now, the worktops will look great after some work with the Megs G220 and Zaino  :grin: :wink: :grin:

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 22 August 2008, 22:58 »
Fin

Its a mad mad world out there I feel for your mrs :rolleyes:

It's a slipery slope this detailing lark, once you start you can't stop.

The misses has asked me to clean the kitchen while she's at work tomorrow but I prefer to look at it as detailing the kitchen now, the worktops will look great after some work with the Megs G220 and Zaino  :grin: :wink: :grin:

Edit: my post dissapeared into the eatha cant be bothered writing it again  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 22 August 2008, 23:17 by Top Cat »

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #15 on: 22 August 2008, 22:59 »

Guy it sounds like you o.c.d is getting worse!!  :grin: :grin:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 23 August 2008, 11:39 »

Guy it sounds like you o.c.d is getting worse!!  :grin: :grin:

its a vicious circle - trouble is the cleaner it gets the more you notice   :embarassed:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 23 August 2008, 12:02 »
Edit: my post dissapeared into the eatha cant be bothered writing it again  :rolleyes:

I am sure coming from you TC it wasn't that funny or witty anyway  :wink:

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2008, 16:34 »
I use a chamois...

I tried a Microfibre and got fed of it... So before cleaning...

Take the chamois and put it in hot water to soak for a few minutes. Scrub and rinse with light soap (Even car shampoo) then hand on the line and attack it with the pressure washer.

Works a treat  :laugh:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #19 on: 25 August 2008, 13:07 »
I use a Meg's towel to wipe the surface water off, and a Poorboys waffle weave for a good buffing.  As per the others, when a good layer of wax, hardly any need to dry..