Author Topic: Sonus Polishes - Are they any good?  (Read 9775 times)

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
Re: Sonus Polishes - Are they any good?
« Reply #20 on: 14 August 2008, 21:04 »
Cheer's SteveP me tink's i need one of themz  :huh:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 14 August 2008, 21:09 »

The guy at cleanyourcar highly recommends them and says they sell like hot cakes.

For this first proper clean the wheels are coming off to get a good coat of poorboys wheel sealant.  :nerd:

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2008, 21:16 »

The guy at cleanyourcar highly recommends them and says they sell like hot cakes.

For this first proper clean the wheels are coming off to get a good coat of poorboys wheel sealant.  :nerd:

I'm getting worried your starting to sound like new golf  :sad:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 14 August 2008, 21:26 »

I'm getting worried your starting to sound like new golf  :sad:

LOL, reading my last post I can see why you would think that.  :laugh:

NewGolf

« Reply #24 on: 14 August 2008, 21:28 »
OY!
I resemble that remark!

More detailing stuff due to be delivered soon, so photos will follow.  :smiley:

Oh plus I took the wheels off again to paint the brake disks, cleaned them with a wet MF cloth, the dirt came off sooo easy, that Poorboys wheel sealant is a good product.

I also have the Zaino Z2, Z6 and Z8, I recently did my old daily driver, a 7 year old Golf 1.4, what a difference! The bodywork feels really smooth and the paint looks wet. It really is good stuff. I havent tried the ZXF or Z2 yet, will give it a go this weekend weather permitting.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2008, 07:39 by NewGolf »

Offline Cass

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 14 August 2008, 21:56 »
OY!
I resemble that remark!

Oh plus I took the wheels off again to paint the brake disks, cleaned them with a wet MF cloth, the dirt came off sooo easy, that Poorboys wheel cleaner is a good product.

I also have the Zaino Z2, Z6 and Z8, I recently did my old daily driver, a 7 year old Golf 1.4, what a difference! The bodywork feels really smooth and the paint looks wet. It really is good stuff. I havent tried the ZXF or Z2 yet, will give it a go this weekend weather permitting.

Very excited here in the frozen, damp, pi$$ing north :grin:

Pictures, pictures, pictures please.

There's only one colour and it's DPB :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cass
Now: VW Touareg Altitude V6 TDI 3.0 240 bhp, Diamond Pearlescent Black
Previous: MY2007 GTI, 3 door, manual, pearlescent black and lots of toys - gone to a good home : )

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 14 August 2008, 22:04 »
OY!
I resemble that remark!

Oh plus I took the wheels off again to paint the brake disks, cleaned them with a wet MF cloth, the dirt came off sooo easy, that Poorboys wheel cleaner is a good product.

Yep fingers crossed on the weather.

What's your wax of choice at the moment NewGolf?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 14 August 2008, 22:14 »
OY!
I resemble that remark!

tis isn't it... i think you can also use it on your calipers if you have cleaned them up too!

the brush thing might be a little much for the wheel sealant as it might remove it... I use a very soft wheel brush on mine with only bilt hamber auto wash now and the wheels clean up luvvely!

i found with a spikey one like the one you have either I, or the paintwork, or both... tends to end up covered in dirty spots where the bristles flick the dirty water about

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 14 August 2008, 22:18 »
OY!
I resemble that remark!

tis isn't it... i think you can also use it on your calipers if you have cleaned them up too!

the brush thing might be a little much for the wheel sealant as it might remove it... I use a very soft wheel brush on mine with only bilt hamber auto wash now and the wheels clean up luvvely!

i found with a spikey one like the one you have either I, or the paintwork, or both... tends to end up covered in dirty spots where the bristles flick the dirty water about

Guy do you have any pic's i'm not sure what you mean

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 14 August 2008, 22:28 »
OY!
I resemble that remark!

I know what you mean Guy but this one is surprisingly soft, it mainly for getting to the back of the rim only, for around the spokes and the face of the wheel I use a micro fibre bobbly wash mitt I got a few of from Costco.