Author Topic: pics as promised  (Read 3389 times)

Offline *strongy*

• Not said much yet
pics as promised
« on: 21 September 2007, 15:00 »
so i did it again bought my self a project i always say never again but one month after i finished the last one i saw this and had to buy it,1 day on and as usuall its worse than i was hopeing for  :cry:

it all looked like this before i started delving

oh well i will soon have it done ,despratley need a rear quater tho.that could slow me down!!so when you think il wip that sill of and replace it along with the petrol cap suround think again   :smiley: :wink:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: pics as promised
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2007, 15:04 »
Bloody hell, I didn't know they rotted that bad on the inside! I nearly bought a MKI with some "Surface rust" as a rolling proect. After seeing these pics I'm glad I didn't.

Nick

Offline *strongy*

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2007, 15:16 »
it only had rust bubbles and not than many,and it was origanal paint so not like its just been coverd up

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2007, 11:43 »
Bloody hell, I didn't know they rotted that bad on the inside! I nearly bought a MKI with some "Surface rust" as a rolling proect. After seeing these pics I'm glad I didn't.

Nick

i took all the trim and pannels off mine as soon as i bought it and wax oiled the sh!t out of it! also do it all once a year to keep the rot at bay!!

mate good luck with your project, i look forward to seeing how it turns out! make sure you keep us posted!  :wink:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Dinky

« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2007, 13:47 »
^thats so what i need to as well..hoping its as clean as the bits of the cab i have seen already.. :undecided:
Gud luck!

Dinx :kiss:

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
  • Seattle WA, USA and Middlesex, UK
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2007, 20:57 »
That doesn't look too bad to be honest, will be keeping an eye on this restore, keep the pictures and details coming. If you need any parts for the mk1, give me a bell I've got a complete mk1 golf GTI in white being stripped and the body parts are in good condition.
Old Skool Mk1 Golf Gli (82), Mk1 US Cab 85 and 83
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline *strongy*

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 23 September 2007, 21:11 »
whats the fuel lines like madone,im after the ones that run under the car from 1 end to the other,
« Last Edit: 23 September 2007, 21:18 by *strongy* »

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
  • Seattle WA, USA and Middlesex, UK
« Reply #7 on: 23 September 2007, 21:45 »
whats the fuel lines like madone,im after the ones that run under the car from 1 end to the other,

Not sure yet, I'm pulling aparts underneath later this week. I'll take come pictures tomorrow for you.
Old Skool Mk1 Golf Gli (82), Mk1 US Cab 85 and 83
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92

Offline *strongy*

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2007, 21:46 »
thanxs bud

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2007, 22:16 »