Author Topic: Ruby black mk2 vr6, the week long conversion challenge begins!  (Read 26910 times)

Offline Benrevs

• I live here
Re: Ear we go again, now painted!
« Reply #20 on: 29 September 2010, 22:58 »
The picks were taken whilst doing it.  Gotta do a tiny bit at a time or you will put too much heat through and warp the panel, especially a big one... similar story with the grinding.
« Last Edit: 11 October 2010, 21:30 by Benrevs »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Ear we go again!
« Reply #21 on: 29 September 2010, 23:45 »
Cracking progress :afro:

Offline Benrevs

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 30 September 2010, 20:08 »
I got a bit done today but not as much as I would have liked.
I had to cultivate another piece from my donor for the rot by the door.  As it had no sunroof it was missing the hole for the drainage tube, but easily sorted with the drill. 

Whilst filler was drying had a hack at the front bumper. Guy who bought it decided it would be too much of a good idea to prep it.. paint on plastic= flakage!  So I painstakingly scratched it off with a blade, not finished but hey!

I also cut the new front wing ready for the g60 arches. The rears got the same treatment.  Whatever happens there will be paint on something by mid next week!  I have been eyeing up some wheels and think its gotta be Borbet A's or similar... just need money now! :grin:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #23 on: 30 September 2010, 20:31 »
Dude, this is ninja levels of work. Excellent stuff, wish I had the balls to hack the car like that (also wish I had the equipment).

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #24 on: 30 September 2010, 22:34 »
great progress Ben :afro: how bad is the rust on the driver side A pillar? looked nasty in the first pic!

Offline Benrevs

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 07 October 2010, 22:53 »
Not that bad to be honest, it hadn't spread to the joining panels too much.

I have been at it for the last week... well only four days actually working on it  :grin:
The shell, bonnet, a door and the boot are ready for paint, just need cleaning off and hanging etc. I also completely forgot about blanking off the ariel hole in the wing  :rolleyes:  so I welded that up this morning, just need to rub down the primer tomorrow.  I want to start putting it back together already, this bit takes forever!!
A few pics for you:

Might have some paint on it tomorrow if all goes well!

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #26 on: 08 October 2010, 00:42 »
looks like good progress, try not to lose too many trim bits this time  :tongue: :grin:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 08 October 2010, 08:37 »
All I can say on this is... WOW!

Crazy skills there dude, wish I had the know how, equipment,and time to do something like this, its actually amazing! Would love to be able to do stuff like this myself :cool:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 08 October 2010, 17:29 »
Looks like awsome progress :cool: keep it up dude!

Dan

Offline Benrevs

• I live here
Re: Ear we go again, now painted!
« Reply #29 on: 11 October 2010, 21:48 »
@ Dec.. its really not as much fun as you think!  Right, I said it might be painted last week, but it didn't happen. had other things going on had to wait for materials. Anyways, it is now painted and looks awesome  :cool:  But the pics have been fiddled with so colour is still a mystery...  :lipsrsealed:

More tomorrow!
« Last Edit: 11 October 2010, 21:51 by Benrevs »