Author Topic: Nice surprise!!  (Read 2886 times)

Offline B7TMW

• Just got here
Nice surprise!!
« on: 30 March 2014, 08:56 »
Prior to securing a deal on the 2006 Mk5 GTI we've just bought, I obviously avoided doing any insurance quotes.   :whistle:

We were just days away from the renewal of the policy of the 2002 BMW 530i sport it replaces so it made sense to just take a brand new policy out on the Golf and let the BMW's lapse.

So the inevitable day came when I had to bite hard and log into the comparison sites.

What a result!!! The Golf was cheaper than the BMW. Considerably!!! £230 with esure, fully comp with legal cover and protected no claims. The BM's renewal was just shy of £300.

I've not had such cheap insurance ever!  :grin:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Nice surprise!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2014, 11:08 »
Prior to securing a deal on the 2006 Mk5 GTI we've just bought, I obviously avoided doing any insurance quotes.   :whistle:

We were just days away from the renewal of the policy of the 2002 BMW 530i sport it replaces so it made sense to just take a brand new policy out on the Golf and let the BMW's lapse.

So the inevitable day came when I had to bite hard and log into the comparison sites.

What a result!!! The Golf was cheaper than the BMW. Considerably!!! £230 with esure, fully comp with legal cover and protected no claims. The BM's renewal was just shy of £300.

I've not had such cheap insurance ever!  :grin:

esure have to be the worst company out for insurance when it comes to making a claim  :smiley:

Offline B7TMW

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2014, 12:51 »
Yeah, thanks for the positive reply.

They are all a nighmare when it comes to paying out. Thats what insurance comapnies are like. I've not dealt with one yet that hasn't tried to fleece me. But thats business.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2014, 14:58 »

They are all a nighmare when it comes to paying out. Thats what insurance comapnies are like. I've not dealt with one yet that hasn't tried to fleece me. But thats business.
well if your happy with a company that will repair rather than replace stuff an if they need to replace panels they are happy for cheap bits to be used  :grin: and if your only wanting positive replies go elsewhere

Offline B7TMW

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2014, 19:38 »

well if your happy with a company that will repair rather than replace stuff an if they need to replace panels they are happy for cheap bits to be used  :grin: and if your only wanting positive replies go elsewhere

So exactly the same as Direct Line, Zurich and virtuslly every other insurance company out there then?

Just out of interest, who are you insured with?
« Last Edit: 30 March 2014, 19:42 by B7TMW »