Author Topic: Dummy Guide to fitting remote central locking  (Read 78562 times)

Offline mk3 tdi

• Not said much yet
Dummy Guide to fitting remote central locking
« on: 10 August 2009, 21:59 »
Searched high and low for instructions but could not find everything in one post so here goes

i went for the rightclick ke669 but the instructions should work for all rightclick models - about 25 - 30 quid with 2 flip keys like the new vag ones

Offline mk3 tdi

• Not said much yet
Re: Dummy Guide to fitting remote central locking
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2009, 22:04 »
this the main connecter that goes into the central locking brain -

first pop this top trim off with fingers or flat head ( the trim just above the white connecter )

this will reveal two screws - there are another 2 in the bottom 2 corners and 1 under the fuse flap - take the trim off

remove the plastic grill with foam lining under the fuse box - it just pops off if you pull

there are 2 white clips holding on each side of the fusebox - these pop off if you pull them towards you

Offline mk3 tdi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2009, 22:09 »
the fuse box needs lifting up and slowly easing forward and let it hang - make sure battery is disconnected

now find the loom that goes into the drivers door at the right side of where the fuse box was - follow the loom a few inches back and ease the loom wrap - take the green and grey wires away as below

Offline mk3 tdi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2009, 22:21 »
you connect the white wire from your kit to the grey wire - and the white and black wire to the green wire. this is lock and unlock and i got it wrong first time so when i pressed lock the car opened and when i pressed unlock the car locked. just changed them around.

Connect the thick red wire to this connecter to the top right - this is for power 12v dc - my phone ran out of battery so i couldnt take more pics till 30 mins but after this i connected the yellow and yellow black to the same red for 12v dc - i guess you can connect srtaight to the battery but thats up to you.

you can see where i connected the thick red wire - later the yellow and yellow and black went in the same place

there is an earth connection under the steering column and there is a black wire already connected there - connect the thick black wire here - just open the nut and wrap the wire and re tighten

can see the black wire hanging down

Offline mk3 tdi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2009, 22:30 »
there are 2 brown wires for the indicatolrs to flas and these splice into the connectors on each stalk - i tried doing this but my left side wouldnt flash so i left them - the pink wire is for the blip blip to let you know its locked and blip once for unlock - i borrowed mu mates siren for his toad alarm and this worked connect the pint to red on the siren and earth the other siren wire anywhere on the chassis- i will feed the pink into the engine bay when i manageto find a siren. thats all for the wiring make sure the wires are insulated properly and spare wired are wrapped tight - find a place for the control unit and secure with sticky pad provided

you get 2 keys - any place will cut them - dont put them in the housing - get them cut first £3 it cost me -

take the rclick badge off by flicking it with a knige - open 2 screws underneath - thats the only way it comes apart - take the key holder ring and open the 2 scews - one on each side - replace with new key - take care when opening so u know how to wind the spring back

i am not responsible for any mishaps and you dub at your own leisure!

Offline axewielder

• I live here
  • 95 dragon 8v
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2009, 13:48 »
did you need to swap over your immo chip from your old key?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2009, 13:56 »
did you need to swap over your immo chip from your old key?

Yes you will.

Offline axewielder

• I live here
  • 95 dragon 8v
« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2009, 14:03 »
looks like a good deal for the price how long have you had it on?

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2009, 14:17 »
good stuff m8 :afro:

i got a similar type of thing. wired it in to the central locking pump in the boot.

Offline Madmax

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2009, 15:33 »
Big big thanks for doing this, it's something i'm wanting to do.

I have a question, what's the best way to connect wires to other wires? Mainly the thick red wire to
the connector?

Again, i thank you. :cool:
« Last Edit: 11 August 2009, 16:12 by Madmax »