Author Topic: Winter salt and road grime!  (Read 2091 times)

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Winter salt and road grime!
« on: 15 February 2013, 18:36 »
Yooo peeps, hope all is well on the detailing front! I'v been a bad detailer and not shown my ride much love since November I think  :embarrassed:

So today, with the lovely weather giving us a spot of sunshine I gave her a good wash, just a wash mind, no polish QD etc.

I was going very easy with the mitt, and left APC so soak in various places before tackling, not to mention the pressure washer removing most of the heavy soiling!

These are some pics of after wash on the tail gate, the amount of tar and crap is outrageous. I have left it on there for now, and will remove with deironizer and tardis in a few weeks when I give it a spring detail. Just terrible, and look at the salt build up under the hood! :shocked:

Just a few snaps, I was quite shocked!

Offline butler2.8i

• GTI forum regular
Re: Winter salt and road grime!
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2013, 19:52 »
I've noticed a lot more tar on cars I'm working on at the moment which I think is down to the councils trying to quickly repair pot holes left behind by all the ice and snow

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2013, 23:31 »
Seen worse pal...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2013, 06:12 »
I've noticed a lot more tar on cars I'm working on at the moment which I think is down to the councils trying to quickly repair pot holes left behind by all the ice and snow

Definitely, I've noticed it too this year. I don't think all this snow has helped either cos my car has had to go two weeks between washes on occasion.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2013, 11:18 »
Seen worse pal...

Sozzzz mate! Tough crowd.

Makes good sense. Need to get me a fresh layer of wax on there!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2013, 16:29 »
Seen worse pal...

Sozzzz mate! Tough crowd.

Didn't mean mine dude... :wink:

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather