Author Topic: jtomlin - 1.8T AGU  (Read 7175 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
jtomlin - 1.8T AGU
« on: 04 November 2009, 18:12 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline jtomlin

• I live here
  • 1999 AGU 1.8T GTI
Re: jtomlin - 1.8T AGU
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2009, 19:33 »
Thanks for the thread JV!

ok, so ive been around here in the mk4 section for a while (about 8 months), and i keep updating in the mk4 thread but ive never had a build thread so i thought nows the time to update it,

this is how the car was when i bought it back in february

as you can see its a bit plain looking, but when i saw it i knew she was the one! :) it had 92'000 on the clock IIRC, full service history, r32 reps and a k&n cone filter, apart from that it was completely standard,

as soon as i got her home i fitted the following...

its a kenwood dvd headunit, i also fitted a twin 12" subwoofer which works a treat :) but apart from that i decided to leave the interior for a while

next up on my (rather large) list was some new wheels, i wasnt planning to change the wheels till a later date but i had to, i fell in love with the wheels! so here they are, theyre black BBS LM reps with a red rim

« Last Edit: 04 November 2009, 19:35 by jtomlin »

Offline jtomlin

• I live here
  • 1999 AGU 1.8T GTI
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2009, 19:36 »
next i decided i wanted to go for a black and red theme, so i got on the bay and ordered front and rear genuine vw badges in black, along with the red GTI you can see in the picture

oh and while i was there i got a rear aero wiper ordered and fitted too, the car was coming along nicely, but it was missing something drastic!

MILLTEK!!

i went for the non resonated centre section, sounds so lovely!

and before anyone tells me, i know its slightly wonky, that will be sorted shortly!

at this point i was happy with the car but no-where near finished!

a mate of mine got a bonnet bra..... you know whats coming...

next up i decided i wanted to go low, so i bought some hottuning coilovers, i later decided they werent what i was after so i sold them to a fellow forum member!

so i was staying high for a while, it was time for a service amongst other things, modding held off for a while as things kept going wrong, but i eventually got back on track

Offline jtomlin

• I live here
  • 1999 AGU 1.8T GTI
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2009, 19:37 »

new wheels! RS6 replicas from ebay, i decided i wanted a more OEM kind of look, so i sold on my BBS reps (to the same guy that bought my coilies) and fitted these, along with painting my calipers yellow and fitting some aero wipers

after all the hassle of the wheel change i really needed to lower it, so i got a set of weitec -50mm lowering springs from DPM performance,

thats the only photo ive got so far as im still to fit them!

i then got bored and tried polishing my inlet manifold, to this result...

then i started speaking to jwelsh a bit and he showed me that in the real world, you arent anyone unless you have wind deflectors!

so thats about where i am at the moment! a parcel should be arriving in the morning so check back, any comments or advice please pm me as i would love to hear!

Offline jtomlin

• I live here
  • 1999 AGU 1.8T GTI
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2009, 22:07 »
ok my parcel was slightly delayed, but it did eventually get here, it was a HID kit, i went for the 6000k ones as ive been told they give the best light output, theyre a bit too blue for my liking so i wish i went for the 5000k but nevermind, theyre awesome either way, except theyre a b!tch to fit, gotta drill holes and stuff, and now one of my headlights fogs up when it rains, but ill sort that out! enough of the talking, here are some photos, theyre bad i know, but you get the idea! another update soon!

my mate didnt want to be in the photo haha