Author Topic: Post Respray care  (Read 2175 times)

Offline systemseiko

• Here all the time
Post Respray care
« on: 31 July 2008, 22:42 »
Hopefully on the right place,  recently got me valver sprayed and the car has some overspray, windows etc,  this was eaily removed.

my ? is how do i remove all post mopping polish and then apply polish me new paint job and keep it like new,  just for info it is oak green metallic

If it is a 90 mph per hour wind and you drive your car at 90mph downwind, if you stick your head outside would you feel the wind?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Post Respray care
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2008, 23:33 »
how long ago did you have it done?

this article on pistonheads provides good advice...

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=23&t=213501

if i were you... I would just wash using the two bucket method and a waffle weave on a very regular basis until your 90 days are up....

then (imo - as everyone will tell you different) a bit of dodo juice lime prime, sealant and then wax... happy days  :cool:

Offline systemseiko

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2008, 21:53 »
Cheers ladbut just went mad on Meguiurs  Stage 2 polish and wax along with waffles brushes lint cloths brushes etc etc etc,  i have already polished it and now going to coat it with wax.  Oops

If it is a 90 mph per hour wind and you drive your car at 90mph downwind, if you stick your head outside would you feel the wind?

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2008, 02:11 »
guy is bang on with that advise dude,you should only really be washing it at the moment as your paint will still be soft and needs time to harden,once the paint is hard i would invest in some top notch waxes and sealents for ultra protection and shine, chemical guys have got some awsome glazes and sealents and collinite 845 insulator wax or poorboys nattys blue paiste wax is really good for dark coloured cars or as guy said......DODO JUICE,this stuff smells good enough to eat :grin: and is an easy wax to apply and remove, the deep glossy shine is to die for.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2008, 11:41 »