Author Topic: oil catch can  (Read 1175 times)

Offline ian007miles

• I live here
oil catch can
« on: 29 November 2010, 13:52 »
can any one tell me wot is the best oil catch can for an golf 18T agu thanx ian
Agu|k03s|forge 007 dv|forge boost pipes|forge water pipes|forge tip|forge kona cold air intake|milltex 3" down pipe sports cat|milltek cat back exhaust|r-tech custom remap 238bhp and 235 torque

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
Re: oil catch can
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2010, 14:54 »
People rate the Sachi tank very high.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Waffs1984

• I live here
  • Spacers are for chumps...
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2010, 15:27 »
I run a £30 eBay special with 15mm ports and some silicone reducers...
Mk4 GTi-T AUM l R-Tech Stage 1 l AP Coilovers l Forge 007p l New Style RS4's 18" l Toyo Proxies 4 l Hofele Bumper Grills l Silver Interior Trim l N249 Bypass l Front & Rear Powerflex bushes l Forge TIP l CAI l GolfGTi.co.uk Stickers l Catch Can Fitted & PCV System Deleted l Redstuff Rear Pads l More to come...

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2010, 15:58 »
I run a £30 eBay special with 15mm ports and some silicone reducers...
Me too, no need to pay more as it works fine....
My Golf is dead but at least I have this....

Offline ian007miles

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2010, 16:12 »
thanx for the replys can u tell me exactly wot i need. pipes, connectors and reducers and wot can i should get....
Agu|k03s|forge 007 dv|forge boost pipes|forge water pipes|forge tip|forge kona cold air intake|milltex 3" down pipe sports cat|milltek cat back exhaust|r-tech custom remap 238bhp and 235 torque

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 29 November 2010, 16:32 »
Search! It's all been posted before  :wink:

Offline Waffs1984

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 November 2010, 16:39 »
Well i can't link to eBay at work but if you search "universal catch can" you should find the one, its around £30 +/- p&p.

You then need the following;

2x 19mm - 15mm reducers (i opted for some with a 90deg bend due to the location of my can)
2metres (approx) of 19mm hose (i opted for silicone flexible hose - it has a wire bead to stop it creasing when you bend it)
1 x 19mm plastic T-piece
2 x 19mm straight connector
Various jubilee clips for 15mm and 19mm connections and some bolts that you can use as blanking plugs for the spare vacumm ports on the inlet manifold once the old pipework is removed.

And i think thats it! Wish i had a list when i did mine as i ended up buying nearly twice of everything in various sizes as i kept changing my mind and finding out issues as i went along!

Here are some pics of mine fitted (please ignore the red pipe going to the CAI!). I have since also modded the engine cover so that fits back on too  :smiley:

Mk4 GTi-T AUM l R-Tech Stage 1 l AP Coilovers l Forge 007p l New Style RS4's 18" l Toyo Proxies 4 l Hofele Bumper Grills l Silver Interior Trim l N249 Bypass l Front & Rear Powerflex bushes l Forge TIP l CAI l GolfGTi.co.uk Stickers l Catch Can Fitted & PCV System Deleted l Redstuff Rear Pads l More to come...

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 29 November 2010, 16:55 »
Also worth replacing your breather pipe and seal while you're in there as they're very prone to perishing....

Offline Waffs1984

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 29 November 2010, 17:09 »
Ah yes, would that be the f~#@ing small 90deg plastic elbow that comes off the oil filter housing? What a PITA that was to get back on!

Also worth replacing your breather pipe and seal while you're in there as they're very prone to perishing....