Author Topic: Rear door card and plate removal with extra info for door locked shut.  (Read 49123 times)

Offline skcollob_ho

• Here all the time
For anyone wondering how to go about removing the rear door module, here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahEu2UgFi0Q&list=PLrbHoqGceWKRkdwM1vFvTfHyC8PPEGBRe&index=4

Can the OP please confirm how he actually got the door to open once the outer & inner skins were removed? Was it a simple 'pull the release wire'?

« Last Edit: 17 October 2013, 19:34 by skcollob_ho »
A totalitarian regime, crushes all autonomy in it's drive to seize the human soul.

Offline Gman8valve

• Just got here
Nice one.

I am in the exact same situation and awaiting you post on how to get the door open

Thanks in advance

Offline taj

• Just got here
I know this is old, however I only came across it. I have got to the point of removing the door card and the metal plate but now how do you open the door ?

All the vids I have seen remove the lock fine, but thats with the door opened. Now with it closed, thats another story as far as I can see  :sad:

Offline bert1952

• Just got here
same to me, came to the point of removal the card after blank...
But finially got the door open reading some other forums and hints

Take a rubber hammer, like one you use to pose the tiles on the floor.
2 bangs on the door, inner side at lock position, AND same time press the unlock key on the remote control.
Suddenly you hear a click... done
The problem seems to be the microswitch inside the lock
And after that never close the door again, next time might fail!

Offline bert1952

• Just got here
forgot to say
Many Thanks!!!! for this exellent guide.
I'm a noob in cars, but got the lock out.

Also i closed the door (stupid me) after i opened it. Took be another day to find out exactly what i had done the first time to open it .
So never closed the door again, the microswitch might fail the next time, and them your'e lost.
In that case follow the guides found on some forums there are different approaches like make a hole in the door, drilling the bolds etc etc