Author Topic: Golf 1.8T GTI 180PS - Import?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline GaryM

• GTI forum regular
  • Gary
Golf 1.8T GTI 180PS - Import?
« on: 09 August 2003, 16:52 »
Hi

I'm looking to buy a Golf Mk4 1.8T GTI 180PS within the next few weeks.
A local company have a brand new one, Reflex Silver complete with Leather Interior, Winterpack (electric seats, heated washers, headlight washers) etc and all for ?15999 - its an import though, Spain I think.

Can anybody see any potential problems with this?
Its UK spec and comes with a 2 year VW Warrenty.

Next question - wheres the best place to pick up a set of 17" Santa Monica's? Also somewhere around Bolton or the Manchester area to lower it slightly to the same spec it would be if it came out of a VW dealer with Santa Monica's already on?

Thanks all

Gary

2003 (53) GTI 180  | Custom Code Phase1 remap (JBS)  | Click for photo's and spec

Offline GaryM

• GTI forum regular
  • Gary
Re:Golf 1.8T GTI 180PS - Import?
« Reply #1 on: 09 August 2003, 16:54 »
I forgot to mention that it also comes without a radio/CD , which isn't a bad thing it seems after reading this forum!

So, any recommendation on something that will look good, sound great and play MP3's if possible?

Cheers

Gary

2003 (53) GTI 180  | Custom Code Phase1 remap (JBS)  | Click for photo's and spec

Offline pauly

• Not said much yet
  • 1.8T 20V 180Bhp
Re:Golf 1.8T GTI 180PS - Import?
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2003, 20:19 »
Got the same motor but in Black Magic Pearl paint job with 17 santa monica's .

Nice motor your after but not sure about the import.

I know of two otehrs who had imports, saxo and a renault scenic. The one with the scenic had problems with a dealer and ended up paying for it herself.

If you do get an import then you'll have to know that when you come to sell it, you wont get what you'd expect for a non-import.