Author Topic: Oil & Filter change frequency - 7.5 GTI  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Oil & Filter change frequency - 7.5 GTI
« on: 13 September 2019, 13:00 »
Bought new on 21/12/18 and due to change in work circumstances (Home working), mileage has fallen through the floor to about 100 miles per week. On previous cars, mileage was such that I was changing oil & filter pretty much every 6 months.

On the miles I do actually drive, I always go for a bit of a blast and make sure the oil temp is at least 85 degrees before I shut down.

Car carefully ran in and oil level checked x2 a week, no sign of oil use. Mileage currently 3400.

Question therefore, would folk recommend a more regular oil & filter change than the recommended Annual?

Ps. Car is simply amazing, honeymoon period looks like lasting a long time😎
« Last Edit: 13 September 2019, 13:02 by Adam T7 »
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Oil & Filter change frequency - 7.5 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2019, 07:42 »
If it's standard and not remapped then yearly should be ok. If you want to change the oil and filter earlier that's up to you as the owner. Are you planning on keeping the car long term?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: Oil & Filter change frequency - 7.5 GTI
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2019, 16:38 »
Yep - planning on keeping for a good few years.
Think I’ll just get it done
Cheers 👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.