Author Topic: Jon's Black Magic Mk5 Golf GTI  (Read 18787 times)

Offline tigerj360

• Here all the time
Jon's Black Magic Mk5 Golf GTI
« on: 12 March 2013, 16:59 »
So time to start up another one of these after i sold my Mk4 this weekend!

Picked up my Mk5 GTI last week and already I'm in love with it. The difference between the 4 & 5 is massive, it feels like a real step up for me! Plus it doesn't handle like a large boat!

Was the first car I went to see and as soon as I saw/drove it I had to slap a deposit down. It had everything I wanted from my budget. I will put the spec below:

Black Magic 3 door GTI 2.0T DSG
80,000 Miles
9 Months M.O.T
18" Monza 2s fully refurbished and fresh tyres
Factory tinted rears
Remapped to a claimed 255BHP by JKM in Portsmouth (Feels that quick  :grin:)
Along with the remap they fitted a uprated panel filter.
MF Steering wheel
Not sure what model head unit it has, but its one of the factory fitted with Satnav, 6 disc changer, iPod connection

The DSG gearbox is faultless and I'm really glad I went for it in the end. With the remap is feels great and pulls forever. It has however turned me into a lazy git using D all the time  :grin:

I dont have many pictures at the moment but will get it looking clean and shiny this weekend and take some!

Here are the couple i do have:

With my old baby!

Plans I have so far are:

New lowering springs around 40-60mm
The front grill has a small crack so will be getting replaced
Miltek Exhaust

Let me know what you think! :cool:

Jon

Offline tigerj360

• Here all the time
Re: Jon's Black Magic Mk5 Golf GTI
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2013, 15:03 »
Ordered a 3M headlight restoration kit today, to get those pesky mk5 cloudy headlights back up to scratch! so will post some before and after pictures of that soon  :smiley:

Also ordered a new front grill, as mine had a small hole in the honeycombe from a large stone hitting it!
That arrived yesterday so will be fitting tonight and will also take some before and after pics.

Still in love with this beast!  :cool:

Offline tigerj360

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2013, 16:01 »
So last night I thought I would get one of the lights cleaned with the restoration kit!

Here is the light after the restoration (sorry for phone pics)

And here is the light waiting to be restored tonight!

As you can see its made the light come up so much cleaner and has improved the headlight visibility loads! The one that hasn't been done, doesn't really do the restored one justice, as this was the better of the two. Being the numpty i am, i forgot to take a picture of the first one before restoration!

Will take a photo of the whole improved front end tonight/tomorrow. Really has made it look 10x better

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2013, 10:39 »
Very nice choice :afro:

Offline tigerj360

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2013, 10:51 »
Very nice choice :afro:

Thanks Wayne! I would agree  :smiley:

Offline tigerj360

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2013, 10:26 »
Finally got round to giving her a proper clean and polish last night, since the weathers behaving itself at the moment!  :cool: