Author Topic: The next time someone says Reflex Silver is for old people.....  (Read 5043 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Tell them to go play on a busy intersection   :evil::

So today I made love to the Porsche again.

Now I did detail it last month but since my dad has seen the light and realised just how sexy his car is with a decent clean and a spit of LSP he has been on a cleaning mission... But not in a good way.

Lets just say that my OCD habits are nothing compared to my dads... He washes it everytime he drives the car  :)
Oh and that is like twice a day!!

So I have since then educated him but alas.... The damage has been done... He has literally washed all the wax off the car and the swirls are    :lipsrsealed: :cry: :sick:

So the repair work started.....

1. The car was hand washed with a wash mitt (Love these things) and some hot water.
2. Then I pulled out the clay and begun gently carressing/claying the car... The results were not too bad and there was only slight contamination.
3. Car was then rewashed and dried using microfibre cloths.
4. With the car looking extremely dull (I was scared... Thought I had done something wrong) I whipped out the Bilt Hamber Auto Balm. Gave the car a thick coat of that.
5. Rewash
6. The car was then treated to some Collonite. This is the first time I have ever used the Colli and it works extremely well.......... Just dont leave it on for too long else its a b*tch to remove....
7. Rewash.
8. The car was then pressure blown dry (No streaks etc)
9. All the other usual things were done.
10. When I was done I then tried out some Opti Seal spray on sealant. HEHE. I like this stuff. Highly recommended.

And thus with the work (Took 8 hours) done I took a few piccies and sat back and enjoyed the view.

Oh and note to self..... Dont put colli on a rim and forget its there so it can bake in the 30 degree heat.... IT DOES NOT COME OFF!

And then I got a little arty   :cool:

I hope you guys like my work. All comments and questions are welcome.

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
Very, very nice! And what a beautiful car!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Thank you very much  :cool:

Not too bad considering it was done by hand  :lipsrsealed:

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

sharpie

sides been resprayed? needs pc'd.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
Good work an good shots there! might have to make the turbo badge one my new background!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Thanks mate

Would you like me to PM you a full res version?

sides been resprayed? needs pc'd.

There is jack wrong with the side of the car... The bodywork is rather curved and the lighting was from under a UV shade port. The shade port does that irrespective of what car it is. The curvature and CCD sensor on my camera also helped with the blurring.

You not the only person who has mentioned it though.

Mike

Join our group now!

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
awesome m8 i love it  :drool:.

i would love 1 of them

Offline Matt_Mk4

• Here all the time
Nice work - such a beautiful car!!  :cool:

Offline drapergti

• Here all the time
Looks amazing, great job.  :smiley:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Very nice. :cool: Do you really need to wash it three times ? I don't mind doing a bit of washing, polishing and waxing (I'm no detailer) but washing bores the sh1t out of me and that's doing it once.
......now officially dubless.